Sign in with
Your question

How do i do a repair install?

Last response: in Windows 7
March 29, 2012 10:31:16 PM

It was simple in XP,I assumed it would be with 7 ...
So, I assumed I could boot from the Win7 disk, and either have a repair install option, or start the install and have it say, "Hey, you already have win7. Would you like to repair it?"

Nope. And from what I read it looks like you have to be able to boot into Windows to do a repair, which makes no sense to me.

right now, I just replaced my AMD Athlon 64 X2 with a Core i5 2500k, and of course, windows won't load. But now I can't get a repair install to run! Please help - I don't want to format my drive!!!!!

More about : repair install

March 29, 2012 10:38:25 PM

I'm almost positive when you switch motherboards you have to do a fresh install of your OS unless the chipset is the same which in your case it is not.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 29, 2012 11:06:33 PM

there is an repair option once the installation loads from your dvd right after you pick the language

it's right under 'install now' button

Hydroc10 said:
I'm almost positive when you switch motherboards you have to do a fresh install of your OS unless the chipset is the same which in your case it is not.

not necessarily, you do lose the licence however, having to reactivate
m
l
March 29, 2012 11:44:46 PM

Thanks. I tried that option, but it gives me the ability to get a cmd prompt, restore from a backup, or resolve startup problems. I don't see repair install?

Soda-88 said:
there is an repair option once the installation loads from your dvd right after you pick the language

it's right under 'install now' button
http://i.imgur.com/GEqlo.jpg

not necessarily, you do lose the licence however, having to reactivate

m
l
!