Which radeon 7950 to choose?

mtrotchie

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
After much research and another question on the forum here, I've narrowed my graphics card down to a radeon 7950, and it is between 2 brands as of now... Currently I'm having the hardest time deciding between the MSI twin frozr 3 edition ($320) and the HIS IceQ boost clock card ($300). I'm between these 2 cards for a few reasons.
First, I hear they are of the few 7950s that do not have locked voltages
Second, along with being of the few with unlocked voltages, they have compatible waterblocks
Third, they are supposed to have great coolers
Fourth, I read many positive things about these cards

I'm looking for anyone who has had experience with either of these cards and could tell me what they think of the two options. Just simple things like are you happy with it, is it quiet, etc... Any help is appreciated!

mtrotchie

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Thanks for the input, I am sort of leaning toward the msi, because it has 2 fans rather than one and I think they are larger so theoretically noise should be less and cooling should be better

G

sapphire dual x imo are better then msi ive owned the msi card and the cooling while ok wasnt even close to the dual x and the dual x tends to be the best overclocking card