Sapphire HD 7850 2GB OC sensors not reporting anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormHertz

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

I just recieved a Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB OC version, and after the install, everything seems to be running smooth.

However, the cards sensors will not report the temp, fan speed, or gpu load. I've mounted it correctly, I'm sure, and I've already tried looking up this problem to no avail.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I tried GPU-Z, MSi Afterburner, and CCC, and all 3 programs report the same missing things.

EDIT: I also found out that my computer hangs when I play any youtube videos. I've disabled my hardware acceleration just now, haven't tested if it crashes me again.

Solution
It seems that when you go over 400mhz, your GPU crashes, it means that some bugged software is restricting the GPU 1.2V power... I had these problems once when I had plenty of overclocking software running at the same time...

-Bloc97

StormHertz

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

No, the card is at the default clocks, and I'm only using 3rd-party programs to monitor the card's status. I may have ATI Tray Tools installed, but I know for sure it's not running.

Also, I disabled hardware acceleration and my computer stopped hanging when watching a youtube video, so disregard that.

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
Ati tray tools was very destructive against the drivers for HD 7xxx, I had it installed, and couldn't even boot to windows without a bluescreen, even the rare times that it did boot, everything froze after 10secs and it blue-screened again.

If you disable hardware acceleration, what's the point of having a GPU?
Anyway try to uninstall completely ATI Tray tools and re-installing your drivers.

-Bloc97

StormHertz

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

I disabled Flash's Hardware Acceleration, I had it disabled before because if I was watching a YouTube video it would force my clocks to sit at 400mhz, and it turned back on for some reason.

Also, it turns out I don't have ATI Tray Tools, I have RadeonPro instead. I was using it to force certain performance settings in Planetside 2. I'll try uninstalling that and then reinstalling my drivers.

EDIT: Well, I just found out that the core clock my programs are reporting will not go above 400mhz. I once had this problem, but I solved it by disabling Flash Hardware Acceleration. Since that's already off, I have no idea what's causing this problem now. Also, trying to change the clock manually will cause several programs to crash, windows explorer to crash, and then the card will hang and I end up doing a hard restart.

bloc97

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2010
It seems that when you go over 400mhz, your GPU crashes, it means that some bugged software is restricting the GPU 1.2V power... I had these problems once when I had plenty of overclocking software running at the same time...

-Bloc97

Solution

StormHertz

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Alright, that sounds like it could be the problem. I'm going to uninstall all of my old drivers including my current ones, uninstall all 3rd party clock software, as well as uninstall any other programs that could interfere with my voltage. Then I'm going to reinstall my latest drivers and see if it works from there.

I'll report back if anything starts to work, thanks for the assistance so far!

StormHertz

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Well, after a short problem with the card grey-screening during the driver uninstall, I booted back up to find that my graphics card is now reporting everything perfectly fine, and my clocks will now change while playing a game. I believe the problem was that I had pre-existing Radeon HD 5770 drivers installed, which were conflicting with my Radeon HD 7850 drivers.

I'll try to reinstall MSi Afterburner later to overclock, but for now, this will work fine. Thank you very much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.