Asus gtx 670 direct CUII

maykee79

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hi, first of all I'm new to this forum.
Thank you for all your help and understanding in advance.

I just purchased above mentioned card and installed it with my MSI B75MA-P45 motherboard. Looking at all the specs, there should be no issues with both working together (as per my knowledge). Unfortunately
after plugging card in I get no signal on any of the ports (hdmi, dvi-e, display port)
Tested on two different displays, with few different HDMI cables.

other specs

psu: OCZ zs 750
cpu i7 3770
RAM - 16 GB DDR3 @1333 Mhz

I have already prepared card to be returned to amazon as faulty.

Is it possible tht for example mobo is the issue?
any other ideas?
I know that there is plenty of things that could go wrong, but I'm not that experieced

MichaelSP

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
I'm not sure, but I was going to buy this card and was advised on the forums here that it has had troubles will faults. So there is a good chance it is the card itself.

Will you be supplied a new identical one or do you get a say? Only I now have a Gigabyte one and it runs well and cool.

However, if its still Asus, try a new one. If that gives trouble, see if it will work in another slot or another motherboard entirely (if you have access to one - I don't).

EDIT: Also, forgot to ask, did you make sure to plug the power cable sin correctly to both the CPU and the card itself? Does a screen run from onboard graphics?

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012
do the fans on the gtx670 spin when you power up the pc? You need to connect both 6-pin pci express connectors on the gpus to power it up.

Also is there any way you can try the gpu on another system from a family or friend?

maykee79

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
I got my old gtx 630 and everything is fine when that one is plugged in.
Fans are spinning on GPU and observing the behaviour of the pc , it looks like it is booting up OK.
I have replaced PSU as I had quite a weak one and I thought that it is the issue. All power cables plugged in correctly.
With amazon return policy I'm sending this card back and getting replacement - going to give Asus one more chance.
I just want to rule out other possible issues.
Can not test card on any other motherboard as none of my friends use desktops , haven't got anything else myself to test it on

$hawn

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
The 630 doesn't need the extra power connector. It draws all its power from the PCI-e slot.

The 670 on the other hand need more power to run. That's the reason shamsmu asked you to check whether the the fans are spinning. It could be something as simple as the card is not getting enough power:)

Btw, just my opinion, but the Asus Direct CU graphic cards are very well built, with good quality components. I have very high regard for asus cards, and they offer an actually full 3 yr warranty (XFX too). You many have just gotten a bad card, happens sometimes, nothing in this world is perfect :)

maykee79

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
EDIT 1: I'm getting the same issue with onboard GPU when GTX630 is not present.
No signal from dvi or VGA port.

I know about additional power requirements. That's why I have even changed my PSU to much more powerful one.

I'm just worried that this could by my mobo... Although I have checked and as per pure specs it should be fine.

maykee79

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

I'm aware of the built quality and cooling efficiency/low noise. That's why I decided to go with ASUS

maykee79

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Just left the PC with local PC store. One of their technicians will be running full compatibility test for me.
He says card is fine. Probably one of other components is causing conflict with card itself.
Will keep you updated.
Got a feeling its either RAM or mobo

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012

that was a really wise move, I knew it couldn't possibly be Asus- :na:

My asus gtx670 direct cu II top is a total beast it hits 1346mhz core clock and 7150mhz memory no one else comes even close to it.

I believe its a conflict issue happened to me several times when I got extra 8gb kingstom ram, the display wouldn't power up when I plug in either one of the new ram sticks and then as soon as I remove the new ram sticks, it powers on. I was thinking of returning the new rams cause I thought they were faulty. Then I put the rams into my mates computer and they worked, then I put them back into my system and it finally worked. Weird issue but thats how I resolved it.

I dont think any one of your components are faulty, they just need to get introduced with one another :D

maykee79

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
So... They promised me they are going to resolve it within an hour... It took them five. Conclusion was - all components are fine but they are not working together...
my guess still is - either mobo or ram. Will find out today. Upgrading motherboard to Asus.