Nvidia no longer cares about PC gaming..

cooldudesubho

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2013/3/6/tomb-raider-amd-touts-tressfx-hair-as-nvidia-apologizes-for-poor-experience.aspx

Furthermore, in off-the-record discussions with the developers, we learned that Nvidia no longer invests as much in PC gaming developer teams as it used to, as Tegra is viewed as the main growth driver for the company. Naturally, this is purely one sided view, but a view coming from several game development companies which combined shipped over 100 million units. Chances are you at least have one or two titles (or three, four…) from them. We could not reach Crystal Dynamics for comment at press time, but their quote from the TressFX press release is quite revealing:

Discus?

JustLurking

Distinguished
May 23, 2012
My first two thoughts are:

1) AMD marketing, or whoever handles this stuff, is making progress reaching out to game devs and console engineers (for all I know they go hand in hand.. if games run great on AMD powered consoles, why would they not for the eventual PC ports on AMD powered desktops?).

2) Sadly, it could be that PC component makers are scaling back operations to chase the smaller form factors that have larger markets - phones, tablets, etc.

This is all wild speculation on my part btw. ;) I seriously hope I'm wrong and this is all just a blip on the radar of PC greatness.