Another DisplayPort Problem - Stopped Working after Reboot.

RobbieStew

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
I apologize if this has been asked before, I saw a lot of similar questions, but nothing quite like this.

I have an HP Elite pc with an ATI Radeon HD 6770. My set up has 3 HP 2511x monitors. 2 are hooked up by DVI, and the third is a DisplayPort to DVI adapter (active, it has a USB plug as well).

Here is the adapter I am using: Accell UltraAV DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual-Link Adapter (B087B-002B-3)- http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/accell-accell-ultraav-displayport-to-dvi-d-dual-link-adapter-b087b-002b-3-b087b-002b-3/10157809.aspx?path=7523d18245e5b2d8e334f5691b6e5004en02

So when I first set it up it worked amazing, then one day it just STOPPED. The third monitor which is connected to the display port no longer worked. I replaced the adapter, the monitor, the cables, everything, tried different usb ports, nothing fixed it. I ended up having to walk away from it and live with it at this point because It was frustrating me so much trying to get it working, I was losing my mind.

Then, one day out of the blue after a random restart, it worked again. So weird, but I was so glad to have it back, I just went with it.

Cut to today, girlfriend was on the PC, said it was running sluggish, asked for a restart, I said go ahead (I usually restart once a week anyway), she performed it, and boom, stopped working again. I have tried absolutely everything, confirmed all the settings, confirmed USB power saver was off, everything.

Tried turning it all off, removing all display groups, doing it all from scratch again, still nothing, monitor continues to go into sleep mode. Tried restarting in every order I could think, with the display port plugged in and not plugged in, you name it.

It is driving me bonkers, I have updated drivers, tried everything I could possibly think of and I am stuck and frustrated. Nothing like having a 3rd blank monitor there staring at you to drive you insane.

If anyone has experienced this before and has any suggestions, please, I am all ears, I would really value some feedback and opinions.

I want to thank you in advance for your time.

RobbieStew

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
I should also mention. I ran for about 3 months before I added the third monitor to my setup. The only thing I haven't tried yet is doing a system restore with the third monitor installed from the get go. I am not sure if this will make a difference or not, but thought it was worth mentioning.