Sapphire hd 7870 xt

Feb 25, 2013
So i'm planning on building my first PC in a few months and the one thing im absolutely set on getting is a 7870 xt. With them being out of stock so often are they likely to still be available in June/July? Or should I grab one well before the rest of the components to be sure?

imomun

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013

Simple :) Grab it while you can LOL

kaitheus

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
If your system is currently able to use the new card then get it now, test it then get the rest of the system. How ever waiting may also yield lower prices as the new 8ks should be out by June. Personally I'd get it now its just that good of a deal vs price & performance atm.

If you decide to get one now, I agree with testing it right away. You don't want to wait until the return window is over and while putting the PC together in July, you find out you bought a bad card 3 or 4 months ago.

I would think these cards will be more available in June/July and cost less as people anticipate the release of the new line at that time. Personally, I'd get all the parts around the same time as the warranty period will start from the date on your receipt.

zoenphlux

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
In that case your better off just waiting to see what happens. These cards are released in limited batches according to what i have read(that and companies don't like putting this card out because it cuts into 7950 sales...for the informed buyer anyway). They may or may not be in stock/available when you go to buy. I know the Powercolor LE's go on sale as fast as they get back in stock, and they usually sell out quick. I think this one hasn't yet because its a different model number then the myst, and its not even on the powercolor site. People are not aware of it.