Sign in with
Your question

Download drivers for sony vaio laptops

Last response: in Windows 7
March 30, 2012 7:04:05 AM

Hello,
i want drivers of my sony vaio
i cant connect to the internet, because i changed the operating system from widow 7 premium in German to widow 7 utimate
March 30, 2012 10:22:22 AM

Thanks szaboaz. The model is PCG-71811M and product name is VPCEH2E0E
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
March 30, 2012 10:53:14 AM

I can't find "VPCEH2E0E", but there is VPCEH2E0E/B and VPCEH2E0E/W:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEH2E0E_B/up...
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEH2E0E_W/up...

Scroll down the page until you see "Preinstalled Drivers and Utilities". Click on "Windows 7" and there you go.

I've downloaded the "Ethernet Driver" from both of the links and they gave the same file, so I think there's a good chance that it'll work for you.

You didn't say if you have Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit. I'm just mentioning this because on those download pages it says "64 bit".
m
l
March 30, 2012 7:09:36 PM

Hi szaboaz, thanks for your efforts very much grateful. I tried the prescription but at a point the installation failed and the feedback is " the version of this file is not compatible with the version of widows you are running ". Thank you
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
March 30, 2012 8:54:45 PM

You do have Windows 7 64 bit, is that right?

Otherwise, interesting. The description at the download page clearly states that this driver is for Windows 7.

Try to run it in Vista compatible mode:
Right-click on the REDETH-00247766-0042.EXE file, click Properties, and then click the Compatibility tab.
Select "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" from the compatibility dropdown (enable the checkbox to make it selectable).
Run it.

I've used a program named "Universal Extractor" on that exe file, and it gave (among others) a file which contained these lines:
Quote:
[SUPPORT_OS]
Win2K=0
WinXP=1
WinVista=1

This tells me, that whoever prepared this package, didn't put Windows 7 there. Maybe that's why it gave you that error message. But Vista is on the list, and the installed driver will be the same, if the compatibility mode checks out.

If it doesn't, you can still do the same thing I did: run this Universal Extractor program, have it extract the exe file. Then in the Device Manager, initiate a manual "Driver update" on the device, and select the extracted directory for it to search for the driver.
m
l
!