Will this be a compatibility issue?

samb_ch

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012

rambosmum

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013

Thats what I would have thought... I have a i5 @ 3.1ghz CPU

BUT when I install my Gigabyte 7950, the monitor shows no display! The monitor light stays on amber.
I currently have the BIOS setting on PEG/PCI which boots my other GFX fine (Sapphire 6670). When I have the 7950 in, it doesn't even boot or show anything on screen.
The weird thing is when I set the BIOS to IGD, it is unable to boot the BIOS as long as the 7950 is installed.

Any advice?
However I look at it, it just seems the GFX is not compatible with mobo but it should as shown on the tech specs...

Below is a few things I have tried.
- Reset CMOS
- Uninstall all previous ATI drivers
- Tried all combinations in BIOS i.e PEG/PCI
- Installed onto my friends computer fine who runs a weaker PSU (530w) and CPU (i3) than mine.
- If I have both graphics cards in with the VGA plugged into the older GFX, it displays a line on the top left with a black background and can't proceed any further!

I'm thinking of swapping this for a Sapphire X-Vapor in hopes that this will work instead...

rambosmum

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Any tips or advice on how to update the BIOS for the mobo in the original post? I've heard pretty bad stories of people bricking theirs and I've never done one before :(