Best Graphics Card 2013 - Under $400

Status
Not open for further replies.

elricstankovic

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
:hello:
Hi, i was searching for topics like this on tomshardware but all of them seem to be almost 1 year old, i hoped that prices changed in that 1 year and that you guys can help me out, which is why i'm here.

I saved some money for the past few months and i want to get a new graphics card, Nvidia or AMD does not matter, i'm not a tech whizz, and i searched myself but i get confused with the numbers and bearings of graphics cards, i am buying this for my son (well he is not little he is 16), for his birthday which is 1 week from now so reply quickly if you can!

I asked some other people as well most said to chose from a gtx 670 and radeon 7970, so i would appreciate if you took the time to write something about these two cards and maybe suggest more if there are any in that price range. Thank you.

The other cards i would recommend are Sapphire's HD 7950 Vapor-X comes with a large dual-fan cooler that uses the company's famous vapor-chamber technology. On the Vapor-X you will also find a "Lethal Boost" button which switches to a second BIOS with higher clock speeds. With this BIOS, clocks are increased to 950 MHz GPU and 1250 MHz memory.
Pricing of the Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X is $330.If you want more powerful Also,MSI's GTX 670 Power Edition uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks.That would be a solid choice for the price imo they currently are going for $389.99 a piece that doesn't look unreasonable, given the improved cooling and higher clocks but it's up to you.

elricstankovic

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
Wow thank you for writing such an in depth reply took me some time to read it but it was worth it.

It helped out a lot, i decided to go with the boost version of the 7970, the last link in your reply, its just 10 bucks more i guess i can spend that much and if its the best version i see no problem.

Again thanks for everyone who answered, bigcyco1 and norlag, from what i read 7950 is cheaper than the 7970 but i needed the best in the price range. Awesome forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.