Need more cables for the graphics card, gtx 670

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
hello i just got the gtx 670 and my old graphics card took one slot to power the card and this one takes two but i only have enough connecters for one.

the powers supply picture, i need a cable to plug into the 8 pin connector and be able to plug into my graphics card which is 6 pin

picture of the power supply, modxstream-pro powersupply 600 watt:
23uvhw5.jpg

picture of gpu and cables i need:
24ywkky.jpg

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

what do u mean remove the molex in that im holding? the graphics card came with two of those to plug into my graphics card

Kari

Splendid

power_small.jpg

the power connectors on the card should look like that, obviously some smart ass has plugged a pcie-to-molex adapter into one of em. that is unnecessary since your psu has 2 pcie power plugs...
the adapter looks like this:
molex_pci-e.jpg

Kari

Splendid

lol check the supplies that came with the psu, the cables are listed as modular at ocz website so hopefully you got them somewhere and didn't throw them into trash with the box.

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

yes that is my adapters that came with the card but idk what to do with them? and i was the one who plugged it in the first time. im new to putting together pc

Kari

Splendid

use the cables that came with the psu, check the box it came in, there should be bunch of detachable cabels in there. one of them is the one you need.

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

i brought this pc prebuilt about three or so years ago and am upgrading the graphics card and the cpu so i dont have anything besides what came with the graphcis card so im going to need to order some cables but idk what to order

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012

I added a pic to my first post. Plug the two 6 pin connectors into your GTX 670. A 6+2 pin can be used as a 6 pin (or an 8 pin, as two terminals are not a solid part of the connector).

Kari

Splendid

didnt you get anything at all with the pc? even if it is a prebuilt they should have shipped all the accessories that are bundled with the various components and not throw them away lol
and since those modular cables are brand specific and likely not sold separately in retail, you should probably contact ocz (or the importer) to get the cables you need, IF you cant find them anywhere...

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

by prebuilt i mean i got it from a modding shop that does xbox,ps3,wii mods and builds pcs and sells them and thats all i belive i got was the pc, monitor,keyboard/mouse. idk what to even search for the wires cause i dont know the names

Kari

Splendid

exactly how I understood it, they assembled it from parts and should have given all that came with those parts along with the assembled pc to you as well. like manuals, driver cds, adapters etc

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

i got the drivers and manuals and thats it. what wires would i need to hook up my graphics card to my psu

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Ridiculous!
I never thought about lost cables to a modular PSU being a major downside. Anyway seems your not alone, someone posted on the OCZ support thread and got a response from "official staff". You should fill out the same online form and request the same(1st two) cables. I'd also put up a big "stink", tell them what happened. Perhaps they will send you a free set? Also tried to find a blown/fried OCZ ModX600 on eBay(for parts), no luck...

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?101412-buying-modular-cables-for-OCZ-MOD-X-STREAM-PRO-600W

Kari

Splendid

those adapters dont do what you think they do... the plugs on the psu are keyed differently so it wouldnt fit. Just contact ocz to get the right cables...

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

im filling out the form. i dont see united states under the drop down list for some reason

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
well now i feel dumb. and is there any way i can order a set of extras? what is this cable called that plugs into the 8pin part of the psu and on the other end is a 6 pin that will plug into my graphics card? id like to see if i can order a set from amazon and have it come in early this week