My grahics card won't work

CrabbyWill

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013
I recently bought a Gigabyte HD 6670 graphics card. I installed it into a Compaq Presario SR1610NX computer running Windows 7 32 bit. After installing the card and drivers my CPU went crazy. Maxing out and making the comoputer extremely slow. Unuseable, really. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Model GV-R667D3-1GI. After taking ot thecard everythingreturned t normal. Any advice wouldbe appreciated!

Suggest you uninstall any nvidia video drivers that might be on your pc then shutdown.

Reinstall the video card, power up and get into the BIOS. Is the system stable in the BIOS? Yes, at lease the 2D part of your new card works. No the card is bad -- swap for a new one.

Once you are convinced that the system is stable in the BIOS boot up. Do *NOT* let windows install a video driver nor should you use the driver that came on the disk. Instead got AMD and download a fresh driver for win7 32-bit. The screen will be low res while you do this because you did not allow windows to install the driver it guesses you want. Once you have the AMD driver loaded your system shoudl be stable. Good Luck.

CrabbyWill

Honorable
Mar 10, 2013

No nvidea drivers. I'll try the rest of it.