Will trendnet work with a comcast modem?

duckykath

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
I am setting up trendnet for my parents so they can be on their own computers at the same time( one PC, one laptop) They have Comcast has their internet provider & have a comcast modem. Be fore I try to set it up I wanted to know if trendnet work with a comcast modem.

Solution
Yup. You should come put of the Comcast router via ethernet to the trendnet router, where all the IP info and the such will be propagated out to the PCs. Just make sure to put security on it (WPA or whatever) and match your parents' computers to what you set in the router.

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Yup. You should come put of the Comcast router via ethernet to the trendnet router, where all the IP info and the such will be propagated out to the PCs. Just make sure to put security on it (WPA or whatever) and match your parents' computers to what you set in the router.

Solution

duckykath

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012

The trendnet model that I got is : TRENDnet TE100-S5 5-Port Ethernet Switch (5 x 10/100Mbps Auto-MDIX RJ-45 Ports). My boyfriend said this is not wireless & it will not work. Do you agree? I just want to make sure before I I try to set it up.