Replacement fans vs rma vs aftermarket cooler

konawolv

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
ok, so I been extensively investigating this rattling noise in my case, and have clearly come to the conclusion that it is my MSI TFiii 7950 that is making the noise. The fans seem to be going on it already after just 2-3 months of use. So, here are my options (I am open to other suggestions though)

1) RMA and wait possibly eons to get a replacement 7950 that most likely doesn't oc like my current card and that doesn't have my 7970 8+6 PCB.

2) Purchase x2 75mm TFii gpu fans and super glue them in place to replace my 80mm tfiii fans (there are no replacement tfiii fans out there).

3) Purchase an Arctic Accelero and perform 2 day surgery on my gpu, then remove my drive bay which has an additional ssd in it so that I can fit the thing into my nzxt phantom 410.

No matter what, the road wont be easy lol

It is time to see just how good MSI customer support is.

Since your unit is still under warranty, I would get it fixed.

See if you can't negotiate a credit card secured exchange.

You give them the info to charge your credit card for a new unit, and they send it to you.
Whey they receive the defective unit, they rip up the charge.
That way, you are not without a useable pc for whatever time.

And... who knows, you might get a better card. If they are out of exact replacements, they will send you a 7970.

konawolv

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2012
well, hell, for the price of shipping I cant just buy two fans from ebay.... And I read in their terms and conditions that all of the replacement cards aren't even new, they are refurbished cards