Closed

How to download wireless network adapter driver vista without internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking

Best solution

March 30, 2012 6:12:06 AM

1. Disconnect internet
2. Boot into safe mode(f8) with networking
3. Use a RJ45 cable to connect to router
4. Log into router and disable encryption & make sure either A,B,G speed is set not N
5. Try to connect to router with wifi(if you are able to connect then the problem might be that your wifi card doesn't support latest encryption WPA2 or N speed)
6. Enable encryption WEP,WPA,or WPA2 if the card supports it and supported speed
March 30, 2012 6:23:18 AM

I'm guessing that the new router has a higher security level than the wireless adapter in the laptop is capable of recognising - probably WPA2. The only two ways round is to lower that level to WPA (not WEP - too weak) or to add a USB wireless dingle into the mix. The modern adapters can handle WPA2.

Have a look at the Sticky Post on finding and changing the wireless security and see if your router is configurable. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/38111-18-find-chang...

Score
Related resources
April 9, 2012 5:05:44 AM

These suggestions are wonderful! Unfortunately, you are talking to a guy who is capable of turning the darn thing on and little else. I don't even know where to go to disable my encryption whachamacalit or find a wireless dingle (there's a very funny joke in the mix here, but I may be in mixed company), so I'm up the creek, metaphorically speaking.
Score
April 9, 2012 8:58:03 AM

No it just means you have to take it slow.And go on youtube to check out some how to videos
Score
April 9, 2012 12:25:58 PM

Strange. That's what my son said.
Score
April 19, 2012 12:05:45 AM

Best answer selected by Monsieurleprof.
Score
April 19, 2012 12:27:19 AM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!