Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Apparently I'm joining the dark side.

Tags:
Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 12:10:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

We're moving in 7 days. I've decided, since the new place has a plasma
already sitting on the wall, that I need HD. Since I'm not willing to
drop a grand on the DirecTV unit, I guess I'm joining Sean in the land
of Comcast. They're the only cable provider in my area (Venice, CA.)

So far I have to admit they've been great. 1 year of HBO+Showtime
(SD+HD+VOD) + HD DVR + Cable Internet for $84.90 per month, guaranteed
for a year. My cells work in the new house (they don't here, just a
few blocks away) so I can also cancel Verizon phone and DSL.) Of
course there'll be a hike in a year, but I can always take advantage of
whatever DTV has on offer (in particular if the new birds are working.)

In the mean time my DirecTivo goes to a friend with the same package as
mine. I'll still be able to burn what I want and will have to grab it
over the net. No more 2 megs a second...

In the mean time expect an honest, informed description of how good (or
bad) Comcast, their service, and their DVR really is. I hate to go
back to them (bad previous experiences) but the deal was too good to
give up, and I have to admit I am curious.

Don't expect me to start blowing Sean any time soon, though. He is
still a prawn.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 1:07:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

> So far I have to admit they've been great. 1 year of HBO+Showtime
> (SD+HD+VOD) + HD DVR + Cable Internet for $84.90 per month, guaranteed
> for a year.

What is their real, non-discounted cost?

Randy S.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 8:06:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:
> We're moving in 7 days. I've decided, since the new place has a plasma
> already sitting on the wall, that I need HD. Since I'm not willing to
> drop a grand on the DirecTV unit, I guess I'm joining Sean in the land
> of Comcast. They're the only cable provider in my area (Venice, CA.)

Enjoy the Analog potion of so called Digital Cable on Plasma.

:) 
Related resources
May 14, 2005 10:16:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

zaw <zaw@verizon.net> wrote:

>relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:
>> We're moving in 7 days. I've decided, since the new place has a plasma
>> already sitting on the wall, that I need HD. Since I'm not willing to
>> drop a grand on the DirecTV unit, I guess I'm joining Sean in the land
>> of Comcast. They're the only cable provider in my area (Venice, CA.)
>
>Enjoy the Analog potion of so called Digital Cable on Plasma.
>
>:) 

It's true that the analog portion doesn't always look good. If the OP
normally watches the network stations on analog then he probably want
have much of an issue since comcast is trying to supply all of the
locals in HD. Now if watches the other cable channels then it really
depends on the channel since some are very clear, and others aren't so
clear.
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 5:37:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

<relaxification@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1116040251.472215.57810@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
> In the mean time expect an honest, informed description of how good (or
> bad) Comcast, their service, and their DVR really is. I hate to go
> back to them (bad previous experiences) but the deal was too good to
> give up, and I have to admit I am curious.

I'm told that the latest firmware update has improved things tremendously on
the new boxes, so hopefully it won't be so bad.

> Don't expect me to start blowing Sean any time soon, though. He is
> still a prawn.

That's an insult to prawns everywhere, especially that really cool prawn
from the Muppets.

Ed
89CamaroZ28@nowherenow.com
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 5:39:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

"shawn" <nanoflower@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:30gc815afduaqell04pd8ukk6a5iaev01a@4ax.com...
> It's true that the analog portion doesn't always look good.

Yeah - not even in SD.

Ed
89CamaroZ28@nowherenow.com
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 1:34:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

machinehead wrote:
> <relaxification@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1116040251.472215.57810@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > In the mean time expect an honest, informed description of how good
(or
> > bad) Comcast, their service, and their DVR really is. I hate to go
> > back to them (bad previous experiences) but the deal was too good
to
> > give up, and I have to admit I am curious.
>
> I'm told that the latest firmware update has improved things
tremendously on
> the new boxes, so hopefully it won't be so bad.
>
> > Don't expect me to start blowing Sean any time soon, though. He is
> > still a prawn.
>
> That's an insult to prawns everywhere, especially that really cool
prawn
> from the Muppets.
>
> Ed
> 89CamaroZ28@nowherenow.com

Good point (re: Prawns)

I'm hoping that the analogue stuff isn't too bad. Does anybody know
what I can expect to be analogue? I primarily watch the networks,
which will all be HD, and HBO, which will be too. What about stuff
like IFC, Sundance, and Comdedy Central?
May 16, 2005 3:40:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On 13 May 2005 20:10:51 -0700, relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:


>Don't expect me to start blowing Sean any time soon, though. He is
>still a prawn.

I wouldn't expect that from you.

I know you're too busy giving hummers to your friends and family.

Sean
Anonymous
May 16, 2005 4:04:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Sean wrote:
> On 13 May 2005 20:10:51 -0700, relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>
> >Don't expect me to start blowing Sean any time soon, though. He is
> >still a prawn.
>
> I wouldn't expect that from you.
>
> I know you're too busy giving hummers to your friends and family.
>
> Sean


You got me again, Sean. Anyone reading this will conclude that you are
a debating master.

Or they might conclude that my claim that you are a prawn is simply
correct.
May 17, 2005 6:08:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On 16 May 2005 12:04:02 -0700, relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:

>
>Sean wrote:
>> On 13 May 2005 20:10:51 -0700, relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>
>> >Don't expect me to start blowing Sean any time soon, though. He is
>> >still a prawn.
>>
>> I wouldn't expect that from you.
>>
>> I know you're too busy giving hummers to your friends and family.
>>
>> Sean
>
>
>You got me again, Sean.

Yes. Yes. How true.

Sean
Anonymous
May 17, 2005 9:18:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Sean wrote:
> On 16 May 2005 12:04:02 -0700, relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >
> >Sean wrote:
> >> On 13 May 2005 20:10:51 -0700, relaxification@hotmail.com wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >> >Don't expect me to start blowing Sean any time soon, though. He
is
> >> >still a prawn.
> >>
> >> I wouldn't expect that from you.
> >>
> >> I know you're too busy giving hummers to your friends and family.
> >>
> >> Sean
> >
> >
> >You got me again, Sean.
>
> Yes. Yes. How true.
>
> Sean

You poor, deluded thing. Apparently sarcasm, while the lowest form of
wit, still doesn't register on your radar. Odd that you used it with
your hummer comment. I would have thought you would understand that I
don't feel you've won anything, and nor does anyone else. People here
(and elsewhere, I've discovered) think you're an idiot. It's not a
hard conclusion to draw.

In the real world, do you harp on about things, try to change the
subject to matters suited to your own agenda, and then mistake the
scorn of others for admiration? Because you do it here all the time,
and it's well known.
Anonymous
May 18, 2005 11:37:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

> In the real world, do you harp on about things, try to change the
> subject to matters suited to your own agenda, and then mistake the
> scorn of others for admiration? Because you do it here all the time,
> and it's well known.

Doubtful, in real life someone would give him a good pimpslap for being such
as ass all the time.
!