Sign in with
Your question

How to setup eyefinity +1 (HELP!)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 11, 2013 2:57:48 AM

Okay, so I bought a sapphire vapor-x 7970GHZ 3GB. I CANNOT run 3+1 eyefinity with this card and I need to figure out how (Used to gaming with an extended 4th screen on top). Would snapping up a $29.99 AMD card and putting it my system allow me to do this? If not, how can I complete this task!

I am currently running 3x1 eyefinity with monitors connected to DVI 1 (Dual Link DVI) DVI 2 (Single Link DVI), and then the 3rd screen hooked to my single displayport via active adapter. I only have a single displayport and eyefinity runs like a dream. However, I have 4 screens and want a 3x1+1 setup.

HOWEVER, if I can't run 4 screens on a single GPU (which is balls) can I add a cheaper AMD card to the mix and still get 3+1!?

Thanks

More about : setup eyefinity

March 11, 2013 3:13:13 AM

I can't say what the problem might be but I run a Eyefinity on 3x Asus 27" monitors plus my 50" Plasma on my Sapphire HD 7950 with no problems. I run 2 mini DisplayPort's plus dual link DVI and HDMI out to my Plasma and all works correctly.
m
l
March 11, 2013 3:15:55 AM

Have the AMD faqs and check listed helped at all? Have you used them in conjuction with hydravision from the CCC ? Eyefinity will work with up to 6 monitors, if configured right. More with Matrox Double/Triple heads.
m
l
Related resources
March 11, 2013 3:20:28 AM

first,will you be able to setup eyefinity with 3 monitors?do the 4th monitor detected by computer?
m
l
March 11, 2013 3:27:27 AM

My GPU has 1 displayport, 1 HDMI, 1 Dual link DVI, 1 Single link DVI.
It has no mini-displayports.

I currently have eyefinity running via-> DVI-Dual Link (Monitor 1) DVI-SINGLE (Mon 2) Displayport->active dp to dvi (Mon 3)
m
l
March 11, 2013 3:37:54 AM

What I want to happen, Displayport/DVI 1/DVI 2 Eyefinity, HDMI Extended +1 monitor.

But if this won't work, will adding a cheapo $29.00 radeon gpu to my rig do it?
m
l
March 11, 2013 3:38:17 AM

Eyefinity also works with displayport adapters.
m
l
March 11, 2013 4:19:19 AM

abbadon_34 said:
Eyefinity also works with displayport adapters.

Did you even read my OP post?
m
l
March 11, 2013 4:52:19 AM

Yes, simply responding to your second post "It has no mini-displayports." I'm sure you'll find the help you're looking for.
m
l
March 11, 2013 4:53:28 AM

iainfixed_96 said:
What I want to happen, Displayport/DVI 1/DVI 2 Eyefinity, HDMI Extended +1 monitor.

But if this won't work, will adding a cheapo $29.00 radeon gpu to my rig do it?

IIRC DP and HDMI (or one of the DVI's) shared the the same clock or something and thus could not be used at the same time, unless things have changed the OP has a card that is only capable of three outputs simultaneously.
m
l
March 11, 2013 4:57:41 AM

Mousemonkey said:
IIRC DP and HDMI (or one of the DVI's) shared the the same clock or something and thus could not be used at the same time, unless things have changed the OP has a card that is only capable of three outputs simultaneously.

So would adding a $29 radeon gpu to my setup work for what I want to do?
m
l
March 11, 2013 9:56:41 AM

If you have an Intel CPU the easiest thing to do is enable its integrated GPU and use that for the 4th monitor.

Otherwise adding any other gpu you have a slot for, including nvidia, will work. Windows keeps the drivers completely separate.

m
l
!