T610 battery conditioning??

Last response: in Brands
April 22, 2004 5:25:10 PM

Got a new T610 and gave it the usual 16 hour charge - hadly made any
calls, been playing with BT and the laptop, and the batter seems to
half in less than 24 hours!

My old 6310i would last a week or more... is this normal - do I need
to condition the new batters (3 x charge/discharge) to optimise it?

Any (constructive!) comments welcome

Tym

More about : t610 battery conditioning

April 22, 2004 11:10:04 PM

"Tym" <no_spam@ictis.net> wrote in message
> Got a new T610 and gave it the usual 16 hour charge - hadly made any
> calls, been playing with BT and the laptop, and the batter seems to
> half in less than 24 hours!
>
> My old 6310i would last a week or more... is this normal - do I need
> to condition the new batters (3 x charge/discharge) to optimise it?
>
> Any (constructive!) comments welcome
>
> Tym

You cant compare battery life of the 6310 to the T610. The 6310 battery life
seems to last the life of the phone!!!!! It will be due to the smaller
battery capacity of the SE and the colour screen. BT will decrease battery
life quite a bit even if switched on but not in use. It should get better in
time though, just run it down to dead a few times and once every few weeks.
Anonymous
April 24, 2004 6:55:18 PM

Hi Steve,

thus spoke Steve:
[...]
> BT will decrease battery life quite a bit even if switched on
> but not in use.

You possibly want to deactivate it anyway. If you don't know
why: http://www.google.com/search?q=bluesnarfing

Greets, Dirk
April 25, 2004 7:22:37 AM

Hey,

i found the same thing.....my T610 battery life seems to be alot less
than my previous phone.

dont know anyone else that's got one so can't compare....the way
forward is a dual desktop charger....charge 2 battery's at the same
time...so you'll never run out...check them out, they may solve your
problems....

http://daydeal.com/catalog2.asp?id=3796

oh yeh, does anyone know where to obtain the software for the T610
bluetooth adapter?
I bought one from eBay, but didnt come with drivers or any type of
software.

any help would be great...ta yick a doo

"Steve" <No@Way.com> wrote in message news:<bUThc.2082$X36.1776@dentist.cableinet.net>...
> "Tym" <no_spam@ictis.net> wrote in message
> > Got a new T610 and gave it the usual 16 hour charge - hadly made any
> > calls, been playing with BT and the laptop, and the batter seems to
> > half in less than 24 hours!
> >
> > My old 6310i would last a week or more... is this normal - do I need
> > to condition the new batters (3 x charge/discharge) to optimise it?
> >
> > Any (constructive!) comments welcome
> >
> > Tym
>
> You cant compare battery life of the 6310 to the T610. The 6310 battery life
> seems to last the life of the phone!!!!! It will be due to the smaller
> battery capacity of the SE and the colour screen. BT will decrease battery
> life quite a bit even if switched on but not in use. It should get better in
> time though, just run it down to dead a few times and once every few weeks.
Anonymous
April 25, 2004 11:22:21 PM

"sterk" <snake@snakey.plus.com> wrote in message

> oh yeh, does anyone know where to obtain the software for the T610
> bluetooth adapter?
> I bought one from eBay, but didnt come with drivers or any type of
> software.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "T610 Bluetooth adapter" since
Bluetooth is already built into the phone. If what you mean you acquired was
a Bluetooth dongle for your PC, then you have to go to the manufacturer's
website to get the drivers. The Widcomm drivers for each adapter have a
license for that particular vendor. It can be hacked if you want to use a
different version, but it's easiest to just use the one from that particular
manufacturer.