March 30, 2012 12:31:23 PM

Hello,
Sytem specs
Processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 530@ 2.93 GHz
Installed Ram - 4GB
Operating system - Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
System type - 64bit OS
Graphic card - Nvidia GT 240
Now i have been trying to fix this for months but this BSOD issue isnt going.
(Problem)
I have this graphic card Nvidia GT 240 with HDMI output. I have connected my Graphic card with my Philips HDTV which also have HDMI output with HDMI cord. For almost an year it worked quite well and i was able to switch to TV mode and then go back to PC on HDMI mode, Untill Nvidia released new official update driver. I downloaded the latest driver (Version:296.10 WHQL) and after installation as soon as i would try to switch to TV mode i get this Blue screen of death everytime>>>>Here is the screen capture (http://i.imgur.com/khTo5.jpg).
Now i did tried other drivers the Beta drivers and other drivers prior to this latest one but somehow kept getting BSOD error over and over again. But when i installed the last old driver (GeForce 285.62 Driver WHQL) which i have been using for an year with no problem its all working well and i can switch to TV mode and get back to PC on HDMI mode.
I cant figure it out what seems to be the problem is it the driver or the hardware issue? Ps- I have also tried to format the dark disk and reinstalled win 7 but it didn't fix. I have also tried 32 bit version of Windows 7 and still the same problem.
Plz help :[
a b $ Windows 7
March 30, 2012 12:40:08 PM

I don't get it. If the old driver works, why don't you stick to that, and that's it?
Or do you mean you get the BSOD-s with the old driver too?
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
March 30, 2012 1:02:31 PM

Whats the BSOD STOP code/Error message?
Related resources
March 30, 2012 1:14:11 PM

szaboaz said:
I don't get it. If the old driver works, why don't you stick to that, and that's it?
Or do you mean you get the BSOD-s with the old driver too?

No with old drivers there is no problem, its working just fine with old drivers. But just when i download and install the latest Nvidia official drivers i get the BSOD Stop error (Stop: 0x0000007E).

So its ok to use old Nvidia drivers? I thought its better to have updated drivers and it delivers better performance?

Here is the Screen capture (http://i.imgur.com/khTo5.jpg)
a b $ Windows 7
March 30, 2012 1:26:03 PM

I would lie if I said that I don't like that nice "fresh and up-to-date" feeling. But if it causes problem, then... well let's see if someone can come up with a solution to that.

PS. If the "Edit" button doesn't work, try the "Quick edit" button.
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
March 30, 2012 1:28:09 PM

i would just use the old drivers
easy fix
if you right click on my computer select "manage"
click on "device manager"
browse to the display adapte right click on your 240 and select properties
click on driver tab and select roll back drivers and test

switch to tv and back and see if it bsod so you can rule it out
March 30, 2012 1:52:15 PM

the great randini said:
i would just use the old drivers
easy fix
if you right click on my computer select "manage"
click on "device manager"
browse to the display adapte right click on your 240 and select properties
click on driver tab and select roll back drivers and test

switch to tv and back and see if it bsod so you can rule it out

Well im right now using the old driver (Nvidia 285.62). And i just went into device manager and drivers tab and the "Roll back driver" option is disabled right now.
a b U Graphics card
a b $ Windows 7
March 30, 2012 5:19:57 PM

Quote:
Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

Points to either a driver problem or RAM problem. Can't be sure which at this point.

To be on the safe side, check your RAM with memtest86/Prime95. If both tests check out, then its probably just a driver version your GPU doesn't like for whatever reason.
!