T610 battery

Last response: in Brands
Share
April 24, 2004 11:52:30 AM

Hi,

I've had my T610 about 6 motnsh now and was wondering how long I should
expect the battery to last. I charged my battery to full 2 days ago and
its already almost fully discharged - its only been like this for a week or
two. Should I go to Orange and ask for a new battery or is this the
expected life of the battery (btw I don't have bluetooth or anything
switched on and I havent made any use of the phone).

Thanks,

Joanne

More about : t610 battery

Anonymous
April 24, 2004 12:07:57 PM

"Joanne" <joab@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 8oic.2576$R86.1190@pathologist.blueyonder.net...
> I've had my T610 about 6 motnsh now and was wondering how long I should
> expect the battery to last. I charged my battery to full 2 days ago and
> its already almost fully discharged - its only been like this for a week
or
> two.

Your battery will do better if you do not always use it until it is low.
Lithium batteries prefer to be kept mostly charged, and only drained on
occasion. If you have been running it empty each time, I would not be
surprised if a slight drop in capacity was noticed within 6 months.

But 2 days is not that unusual for a phone battery with normal use, even the
ones rated much longer than that. Battery ratings generally assume ideal
conditions, which hardly ever occur, and certainly not for 200 hours
straight.

---
Update your PC at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
April 24, 2004 5:55:30 PM

"Joanne" <joab@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:o 8oic.2576$R86.1190@pathologist.blueyonder.net...
> Hi,
>
> I've had my T610 about 6 motnsh now and was wondering how long I should
> expect the battery to last. I charged my battery to full 2 days ago and
> its already almost fully discharged - its only been like this for a week
or
> two. Should I go to Orange and ask for a new battery or is this the
> expected life of the battery (btw I don't have bluetooth or anything
> switched on and I havent made any use of the phone).

If you genuinely have not used the phone, or just made a few short calls
then I would say there could well be a problem there. I would expect several
days more life out of a T610 except in special circumstances.

1) Make sure that the screen backlight switches off automatically
(Settings/Display/Light/=>Automatic)
2) I assume the battery is actually showing as fully charged on the screen
after charging?
3) If you are in an area with very low signal strength so the phone has to
keep searching, this can affect the battery time
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
April 24, 2004 7:06:46 PM

> 3) If you are in an area with very low signal strength so the phone has to
> keep searching, this can affect the battery time

Battery life will also be shorter if the handset is been moved a lot (ie in
the car/train/bus etc) as it will keep logging onto nearest BTS. If its kept
in the house it will only generally pole (check that the local BTS is still
there) every 90 mins (network dependant)

Steve
April 25, 2004 11:24:08 PM

thanks for your replys - I hope it was just a temporary glich. Yesterday it
was almost fully dicharged so I switched it off. About an hour later I
switched it back on again and the battery power was back to about 3/4. I
found this a bit strange as I've never had it falsly reporting what the
battery power was before.

Thanks,

Joanne
!