Need help fast

I got a new computer and it came with Windows 8 installed. Like many, I don't like Win8. So can I get some help downgrading from 8 to 7. My computer is a Asus cm6830. Just put the computer name in Google and it pulls up the full specs. I added and XFX 7770 and a new power supply. Thanks.
10 answers Last reply
More about need fast
  1. So long as you haven't loaded much of anything on it, simply buy a copy of whichever Windows 7 version you prefer, wipe windows 8, and do a clean install of W7. You can also set up a dual boot system. I believe that Windows 8 takes care of that automatically, as when I had installed the beta of W8 on my laptop it would give me a boot/option screen to select whichever OS I wanted to use.
  2. buwish said:
    So long as you haven't loaded much of anything on it, simply buy a copy of whichever Windows 7 version you prefer, wipe windows 8, and do a clean install of W7. You can also set up a dual boot system. I believe that Windows 8 takes care of that automatically, as when I had installed the beta of W8 on my laptop it would give me a boot/option screen to select whichever OS I wanted to use.

    Do I have to install any drivers?
  3. Or keep Windows 8 and load any one of the programs that make it look like Windows 7 again. There are more benefits to running Windows 8 then reasons to downgrade to 7.

    That being said...
    You shouldn't need any additional drivers to load Windows 7. But make sure that there are Windows 7 drivers available for the computer before starting. Especially make sure you have a good network driver available.
  4. kyllien said:
    Or keep Windows 8 and load any one of the programs that make it look like Windows 7 again. There are more benefits to running Windows 8 then reasons to downgrade to 7.

    That being said...
    You shouldn't need any additional drivers to load Windows 7. But make sure that there are Windows 7 drivers available for the computer before starting. Especially make sure you have a good network driver available.

    Were would I get the drivers? Like do you think asuses website will have them
  5. drivers here

    http://www.asus.com/Desktops/Essentio_CM6830/#support_Download_29

    main thing is get the internet drivers on a flash drive etc

    long as you have them everything else can be downloaded once 7 is installed
  6. ImGudyy said:
    I got a new computer and it came with Windows 8 installed. Like many, I don't like Win8. So can I get some help downgrading from 8 to 7. My computer is a Asus cm6830. Just put the computer name in Google and it pulls up the full specs. I added and XFX 7770 and a new power supply. Thanks.



    If you go to Asus' website for your model and search around for Windows 7 downgrade options, you might that they offer an downgrade deal instead of going out and buying a new copy of Windows 7.
  7. mcnumpty23 said:
    drivers here

    http://www.asus.com/Desktops/Essentio_CM6830/#support_Download_29

    main thing is get the internet drivers on a flash drive etc

    long as you have them everything else can be downloaded once 7 is installed

    Ok thanks. Just download the internet drives, put them on a flash drive and then every other driver can be downloaded when needed?
  8. yep

    or you can download them all and put them on a flash drive--its up to you

    and as mentioned you may be able to get downgrade options

    not evey oem does it

    believe there used to be a microsoft site to do it--but think it may be gone now
  9. mcnumpty23 said:
    yep

    or you can download them all and put them on a flash drive--its up to you

    and as mentioned you may be able to get downgrade options

    not evey oem does it

    believe there used to be a microsoft site to do it--but think it may be gone now

    What does the downgrade options do? And can anything go wrong by doing this.
  10. it gives you the right to downgrade to an earlier operating system

    rather than you having to buy a windows 7 disc to downgrade

    dont think going from 8 to 7 could go wrong

    your new computer will either have a recovery partition that would put 8 back on if there was a problem

    or give you software to make dvds to re-install 8

    or both
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computers Windows 8