Sign in with
Your question

Need help fast

Last response: in Windows 8
February 8, 2013 10:45:40 PM

I got a new computer and it came with Windows 8 installed. Like many, I don't like Win8. So can I get some help downgrading from 8 to 7. My computer is a Asus cm6830. Just put the computer name in Google and it pulls up the full specs. I added and XFX 7770 and a new power supply. Thanks.

More about : fast

February 9, 2013 3:00:22 AM

So long as you haven't loaded much of anything on it, simply buy a copy of whichever Windows 7 version you prefer, wipe windows 8, and do a clean install of W7. You can also set up a dual boot system. I believe that Windows 8 takes care of that automatically, as when I had installed the beta of W8 on my laptop it would give me a boot/option screen to select whichever OS I wanted to use.
m
l
February 9, 2013 3:35:49 PM

buwish said:
So long as you haven't loaded much of anything on it, simply buy a copy of whichever Windows 7 version you prefer, wipe windows 8, and do a clean install of W7. You can also set up a dual boot system. I believe that Windows 8 takes care of that automatically, as when I had installed the beta of W8 on my laptop it would give me a boot/option screen to select whichever OS I wanted to use.

Do I have to install any drivers?
m
l
Related resources
a b * Windows 8
February 9, 2013 4:01:44 PM

Or keep Windows 8 and load any one of the programs that make it look like Windows 7 again. There are more benefits to running Windows 8 then reasons to downgrade to 7.

That being said...
You shouldn't need any additional drivers to load Windows 7. But make sure that there are Windows 7 drivers available for the computer before starting. Especially make sure you have a good network driver available.
m
l
February 9, 2013 4:07:55 PM

kyllien said:
Or keep Windows 8 and load any one of the programs that make it look like Windows 7 again. There are more benefits to running Windows 8 then reasons to downgrade to 7.

That being said...
You shouldn't need any additional drivers to load Windows 7. But make sure that there are Windows 7 drivers available for the computer before starting. Especially make sure you have a good network driver available.

Were would I get the drivers? Like do you think asuses website will have them
m
l
a b * Windows 8
February 9, 2013 4:28:32 PM

ImGudyy said:
I got a new computer and it came with Windows 8 installed. Like many, I don't like Win8. So can I get some help downgrading from 8 to 7. My computer is a Asus cm6830. Just put the computer name in Google and it pulls up the full specs. I added and XFX 7770 and a new power supply. Thanks.

If you go to Asus' website for your model and search around for Windows 7 downgrade options, you might that they offer an downgrade deal instead of going out and buying a new copy of Windows 7.
m
l
February 9, 2013 4:44:22 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
drivers here

http://www.asus.com/Desktops/Essentio_CM6830/#support_D...

main thing is get the internet drivers on a flash drive etc

long as you have them everything else can be downloaded once 7 is installed

Ok thanks. Just download the internet drives, put them on a flash drive and then every other driver can be downloaded when needed?
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b * Windows 8
February 9, 2013 4:55:06 PM

yep

or you can download them all and put them on a flash drive--its up to you

and as mentioned you may be able to get downgrade options

not evey oem does it

believe there used to be a microsoft site to do it--but think it may be gone now
m
l
February 9, 2013 5:00:00 PM

mcnumpty23 said:
yep

or you can download them all and put them on a flash drive--its up to you

and as mentioned you may be able to get downgrade options

not evey oem does it

believe there used to be a microsoft site to do it--but think it may be gone now

What does the downgrade options do? And can anything go wrong by doing this.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
a b * Windows 8
February 9, 2013 5:10:15 PM

it gives you the right to downgrade to an earlier operating system

rather than you having to buy a windows 7 disc to downgrade

dont think going from 8 to 7 could go wrong

your new computer will either have a recovery partition that would put 8 back on if there was a problem

or give you software to make dvds to re-install 8

or both
m
l
!