Need help fast

ImGudyy

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
I got a new computer and it came with Windows 8 installed. Like many, I don't like Win8. So can I get some help downgrading from 8 to 7. My computer is a Asus cm6830. Just put the computer name in Google and it pulls up the full specs. I added and XFX 7770 and a new power supply. Thanks.

So long as you haven't loaded much of anything on it, simply buy a copy of whichever Windows 7 version you prefer, wipe windows 8, and do a clean install of W7. You can also set up a dual boot system. I believe that Windows 8 takes care of that automatically, as when I had installed the beta of W8 on my laptop it would give me a boot/option screen to select whichever OS I wanted to use.

ImGudyy

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Do I have to install any drivers?

kyllien

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
Or keep Windows 8 and load any one of the programs that make it look like Windows 7 again. There are more benefits to running Windows 8 then reasons to downgrade to 7.

That being said...
You shouldn't need any additional drivers to load Windows 7. But make sure that there are Windows 7 drivers available for the computer before starting. Especially make sure you have a good network driver available.

ImGudyy

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Were would I get the drivers? Like do you think asuses website will have them

If you go to Asus' website for your model and search around for Windows 7 downgrade options, you might that they offer an downgrade deal instead of going out and buying a new copy of Windows 7.

ImGudyy

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

What does the downgrade options do? And can anything go wrong by doing this.

it gives you the right to downgrade to an earlier operating system

rather than you having to buy a windows 7 disc to downgrade

dont think going from 8 to 7 could go wrong

your new computer will either have a recovery partition that would put 8 back on if there was a problem

or give you software to make dvds to re-install 8

or both