Elsa920 GF3 problems

G

I don't know if this is really the perfect place to post this topic since i talk about other things too related to my pc:

I have a ELsa920 Geforce3 for 4 days now...
right from the start i had problems with it..and i still have...
when i turn on my pc and i am in windowsxp, just browsing the internet or looking on
a forum all the sudden a big white screen comes up with weird green dots
and the pc just hangs...i can't do anything about it..i tried downloading different drivers
i never had this much problems with my older Asus geforce2 pro
what the hell can this be? it's getting freaking annoying , and it just won't go away...
and i don't know anymore what this could be....it's really the elsa card with my
amd 1000mhz that gives this white screen....sometimes when i restart it takes awhile and sometimes right
away the white screen comes up...the strange thing is i just came back home i saw that windows was still
working and no white screen...than i went browsing the internet again and i read something and there was the
white screen with dots again..getting Hella sick of this...

before i forget my system specs: AMD TB 1Ghz,384 ram , MSI K7T Turo RAID , Windows Xp pro{dutch} and an elsa gladiac920 GF3 running on
the 28.32 detonators .

i tried the game gothic,i noticed right away that gothic doesn't run any faster than before...that's crazy..i used to play gothic with a Geforce2 pro, but i still had several stutters and it just didn't run silkysmooth...i can expect from a geforce3 that it would have done the job..but i don't see ANY difference...
this just sucks..i decided to buy a Geforce3 for the future games like morrowind..and other upcoming stuff...and of course for The best rpg for PC Gothic{IMHO}

then we have the X-isle techdemo which definetely doesn't run very good...furthermore i got the Aquamark and Aquanox demo with my gf3
i get an error when i try to load it up, it says: D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY (3753)

now the very weird thing: i have a friend from my MSN , he has a AMD
500mhz,512 ram and the exact same videocard as me..he runs the game gothic super smooth on a framerate like 30{i have 19/20)
x-isle runs perfect on his pc...something is serious wrong with my pc and everything...hope to get some good advice...

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
i think your gc memory is out of order.

note1:
because its a gc memory problem, sometimes that works, sometimes not. memory involves often random & strange crashes.

note2:
you can have also just a part of your gc memory which is corrupt. this may involve a game working but not another (games memory utilization size difference).

if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<i><font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...<font color=red>