  • Video
Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
Share
May 22, 2005 7:41:11 PM

Yesterday I bought a new DLP and with the new screen technology, it
seems to make Tivo's video compression grain more evident than on the
old tube. I already record on best quality....so does that mean there's
nothing I can do it improve the picture quality?

I know the HD tivo is out, but I have not yet converted my satellite to
HD and am not sure when I'll jump on that bandwagon. I got the tivo
mainly for next gen video game systems. I just cringe a little when I
see the video compression now... :./

More about : tivo hdtv

May 23, 2005 4:05:49 PM

On Sun, 22 May 2005 15:41:11 GMT, Axl <nope@noway.com> wrote:

>Yesterday I bought a new DLP and with the new screen technology, it
>seems to make Tivo's video compression grain more evident than on the
>old tube. I already record on best quality....so does that mean there's
>nothing I can do it improve the picture quality?
>
>I know the HD tivo is out, but I have not yet converted my satellite to
>HD and am not sure when I'll jump on that bandwagon. I got the tivo
>mainly for next gen video game systems. I just cringe a little when I
>see the video compression now... :./

Tough luck.

Tivo is old technology.

Sean