mis3

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2001
The new Yamaha CRW3200 comes with a full version of Nero. My question is will this Nero works with my other PC with a Plextor burner?

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
probably it will work but will it install that is the question
lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I do not think it will work with other burner. My friend brought a TDK CDRW and it also include a copy of Nero. The Nero does not work when he replace the CDRW with another brand CDRW.

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
Probably doesn't work. I use nero that came with my creative and tried to use it on my brother's lg and it doesn't work. The startup screen says creative too.

:eek: :frown: :mad: :eek: :redface: :cool: :lol: :tongue: :wink: - What do you want to feel today? :)

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Why is that... the nero version they send is Different?, my uncle has nero, and gave it to me and i just loaded it and worked... and i get the free upgrades off the web, never had a problem........... I usually just burn Audio Cd's, and i use MusicMatch, i find it really easy!

This Community is like a Second Family!!

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I'm guessing the drive manufacturer has done some fiddling with that copy of Nero to make it specific for their drives.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
They probably modifiy it for their drive so i guess you can call it the oem version even when the drive can in a retail box. I can get updates too for that creative drive too. My friend has an ibm oem win98 cd that when he tried to install it on a compaq laptop, it booted up with error messages with something missing.

:eek: :frown: :mad: :eek: :redface: :cool: :lol: :tongue: :wink: - What do you want to feel today? :)

MStakem

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
As the others said it probably won't work. My roommate has a 20/10/40 yamaha with nero and nero does not work on other systems so unless they've changed policies it won't work.

MStakem

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I suppose you could swap your drive into the other machine. install and update nero and pull it and put the other drive in :smile: just might work

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Checking under my North<font color=red> AND</font color=red> South bridges for <font color=green>Trolls</font color=green></font color=blue>

ath0mps0

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002
I think that this should work - Lite-on/Cendyne drives come with full versions. I have used them on several different drives in the past as I have upgraded without re-installing.

I thought a thought, but the thought I thought wasn't the thought I thought I had thought.