  • Ericsson
  • Cameras
Last response: in Brands
April 27, 2004 3:33:37 PM

Yesterday there was a test on dutch TV concerning phonecamera's. The camera
of the T630 was rated worst. The Nokia 6600 came out as the best camera.

On the other hand the functionality of the T630 was rated as the best.

More about : t630 bad camera

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 6:19:25 PM

Yes, the camera of the T630 is just a toy,
as in most cell phones;-)

But OTOH, IMHO the T630 is one of the nicest phones I had so far,
in many aspects a real successor of the Siemens SL45,
which I used before.

Not too many design gimmicks, a serious keyboard,
an extremely good display, and more.

There are only few phones with a really good camera:
One is the Sharp GX-20, which has a cam with VGA resolution, and kinda
'flash' light.
Of course the GX-30 is even better (1 MegaPix), but the pictures
of my wife's GX-20 are still better than with most other phone cams I
saw so far.

However, for taking photos I prefer my Caplio G3S (3,2 MPix).
That's the starting point for reasonable digital photos;-)

Raymond

"sjonnie" <sjonnie@worldmail.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Yesterday there was a test on dutch TV concerning phonecamera's. The
camera
> of the T630 was rated worst. The Nokia 6600 came out as the best
camera.

> On the other hand the functionality of the T630 was rated as the
best.

Anonymous
April 28, 2004 8:15:02 PM

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:19:25 +0200, "Raymond Del Tondo" <RDelT@gmx.de> wrote
some stuff about "Re: T630 bad camera", to which I would like to add the
following:

>Yes, the camera of the T630 is just a toy,

It's not even a toy.. ;-) Toys tend to mostly do what they're advertised to
do. ;-) Now the camera in the 6600, THATS a toy! ;-)

Cheers,
Chanchao
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 10:14:03 PM

>Yes, the camera of the T630 is just a toy,
>as in most cell phones;-)

So is the T630 that much better than the T610??
T610's are starting to be very cheap or free on contract, whereas the t630 is
too new for that, but I wonder if its worth paying, or waiting.

Andrew

replying? delete killspam from @aol.com******** and shoot any spammers you
meet ;-)
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 12:41:28 AM

"AJH400" <ajh400@aol.comkillspam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>[..]
> So is the T630 that much better than the T610??
> T610's are starting to be very cheap or free on contract, whereas the
t630 is
> too new for that, but I wonder if its worth paying, or waiting.

I must admit that I couldn't wait to get it,
so I bought a T-branded for nearly 300 Euros,
and it works fine with my D2 card.

And yes, the T630 is *much* better than the T610
in some aspects: It has a much better display,
it has a better keyboard (IMHO),
it's smaller and has less weight,
and it looks much better than a T610, also IMHO;-)

However, if you can wait a bit,
the K700 could be an alternative.
At least the K700 has a better cam and more RAM...

So when the K700 will be available,
I guess the T630 will get cheaper soon.

Raymond
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 1:23:07 AM

Hi,

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 20:41:28 +0200, "Raymond Del Tondo" <RDelT@gmx.de>
wrote:

>However, if you can wait a bit,
>the K700 could be an alternative.
>At least the K700 has a better cam and more RAM...

not to forget the upcoming z700 with a real 1.3MPixel-Cam and a FLASH.

C U

Sushii
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 2:39:12 AM

Raymond Del Tondo wrote:
> Yes, the camera of the T630 is just a toy,
> as in most cell phones;-)
>
> But OTOH, IMHO the T630 is one of the nicest phones I had so far,
> in many aspects a real successor of the Siemens SL45,
> which I used before.
>
> Not too many design gimmicks, a serious keyboard,
> an extremely good display, and more.
>
> There are only few phones with a really good camera:
> One is the Sharp GX-20, which has a cam with VGA resolution, and kinda
> 'flash' light.
> Of course the GX-30 is even better (1 MegaPix), but the pictures
> of my wife's GX-20 are still better than with most other phone cams I
> saw so far.

The Motorola V600 camera takes pretty good pics at 640x480.
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 11:57:59 AM

wrote:

>Yes, the camera of the T630 is just a toy,
>as in most cell phones;-)
>
>However, for taking photos I prefer my Caplio G3S (3,2 MPix).
>That's the starting point for reasonable digital photos;-)

Pricisely!!

Phones are for making telephone calls - cameras are for taking photos
- can you imagine looking at a camera and asking "How good are the
voice calls on this?"

Yes - phone cameras are a nice bit of fun - but *really*, lets not get
too serious!!! :-)

Tym
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 2:52:43 PM

On 28 Apr 2004 18:14:03 GMT, ajh400@aol.comkillspam (AJH400) wrote some stuff
about "Re: T630 bad camera", to which I would like to add the following:

>>Yes, the camera of the T630 is just a toy,
>>as in most cell phones;-)
>
>So is the T630 that much better than the T610??
>T610's are starting to be very cheap or free on contract, whereas the t630 is
>too new for that, but I wonder if its worth paying, or waiting.

They're the same, apart from the design and the screen. The T630 screen you
can also read during the day. ;-)

Cheers,
Chanchao
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 2:55:18 PM

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:57:59 GMT, no_spam@ictis.net (Tym) wrote some stuff
about "Re: T630 bad camera", to which I would like to add the following:

>- can you imagine looking at a camera and asking "How good are the
>voice calls on this?"

YES! As well as asking if it also supports IMAP in addition to POP3 for
email. ;-)

>Yes - phone cameras are a nice bit of fun - but *really*, lets not get
>too serious!!! :-)

Right. Have been some cases though when I was happy to be able to take a
quick picture. (3650) After some Photoshopping you have a fighting chance of
turning some of the pictures into an acceptable 350x200-something picture for
email or web. Depends on what's pictured though; works best when the image
is evenly lit, no big differences in lighting.

Cheers,
Chanchao