Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

T610 shortcuts

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 1:18:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Don't know if these are documented anywhere, but a couple of things
I've discovered about my T610:

1) When the clock screen save is on, pressing + or - will illuminate
it so tha you can read it, without actualy registering as a "key
press" which would normally clear it.

2) Has anyone noticed the menu layout is the same as the keypad
layout? I've seen the "left joystick" notes to enable quick access to
the shortcuts, but this seems to take a long time for me, as it first
tells me that me assigned 1st shortcut is not available, before
offering me the shortcut list. A MUCH quicker way is to press the
joystick then press 3. Settings is Joystick + #, Pictures and Sounds
is Joystick and 7, etc etc...

With the web button (RHS) and up joystick , could be configured
separately!!



Any more??

More about : t610 shortcuts

Anonymous
April 28, 2004 4:10:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

On Wednesday, "Tym" wrote:

> With the web button (RHS) and up joystick , could be
> configured separately!!

My biggest gripe with this phone. Build quality, features,
design, etc are all excellent but my Moto T720i used to let
me re-order menus, add and remove shortcuts from the "desk-
top" and assign different things to different buttons. It's
such a simple thing to implement and I wonder why they did
it that way.

On UK Orange, I have a side button that takes me to WAP - I
never use it. I have a joystick that does the same thing if
I press it in, or go "right" - takes me to the main menu.
"Down" takes me to the address book, "up" takes me to yet
another WAP page (again, I don't use it) and "left" takes me
to the first shortcut.

So - three out of five joystick movements and one button are
wasted for me.

If they fixed that (got to be a simple firmware fix) and also
gave me the option of NOT having the main screen go to the
clock/blackout then I'd be 100% happy with the phone. As it
is, I'm seriously considering giving it to the wife and going
back to my T720i.

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com&gt;
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 4:10:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Bryan Anderson" <usenet@anderson-it.com> wrote in message
news:104v805dc0pkl26vnole4pg2q19gdda6ua@4ax.com...
>
> If they fixed that (got to be a simple firmware fix) and also
> gave me the option of NOT having the main screen go to the
> clock/blackout then I'd be 100% happy with the phone.


Not trying to be a smarta$$, but I know it is going to sound that way ....

You wouldn't be 100% happy with it then. You would be quite upset that the
battery lasted less than one day on standby.
Related resources
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 8:26:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

On Wednesday Jason Cothran wrote:

> Not trying to be a smarta$$, but I know it is going to sound
> that way ....
>
> You wouldn't be 100% happy with it then. You would be quite
> upset that the battery lasted less than one day on standby.

I know that argument - but at SE could at least make it an option.
The phone has profiles....maybe an option in a profile would be
how battery-kind it is. I would be happy to charge the phone each
night (it plugs in next to the bed anyway) for a bit more useful
standby screen. Example - there's three "states" that I see of
the screen: the blacked out clock, the un-backlit but full display
and the full, backlit display. I'd like the standby to be the un-
lit full display and lose the clock/black-out. If that then gave
me a day/two days use then so be it.

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com&gt;
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 9:40:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Bryan Anderson" <usenet@anderson-it.com> wrote in message
news:u0jv80dr0jec156llf89fnl4a3iaahg6f8@4ax.com...
> On Wednesday Jason Cothran wrote:
>
>> Not trying to be a smarta$$, but I know it is going to sound
>> that way ....
>>
>> You wouldn't be 100% happy with it then. You would be quite
>> upset that the battery lasted less than one day on standby.
>
> I know that argument - but at SE could at least make it an option.
> The phone has profiles....maybe an option in a profile would be
> how battery-kind it is. I would be happy to charge the phone each
> night (it plugs in next to the bed anyway) for a bit more useful
> standby screen. Example - there's three "states" that I see of
> the screen: the blacked out clock, the un-backlit but full display
> and the full, backlit display. I'd like the standby to be the un-
> lit full display and lose the clock/black-out. If that then gave
> me a day/two days use then so be it.
>

What would be the difference? Un backlit, it would still appear to be a
black screen. Thats all it is now, is an unback-lit clock. press any button
(except the two +/- buttons on the side) and you are back to the full
display. It is the same thing you would have to do if you had an un back-lit
full display in stand by. I think what you are calling "unbacklit" is the
dim full display screen. That screen is still back lit, just with much less
power. What you see with no back light at all is what you currently see now.
A screen that under most lighting conditions looks blacked out, but in fact
is still displaying the image. There is no actual "black out" screen at all.
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 11:55:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:10:05 +0100, Bryan Anderson
<usenet@anderson-it.com> wrote:

>
>If they fixed that (got to be a simple firmware fix) and also
>gave me the option of NOT having the main screen go to the
>clock/blackout then I'd be 100% happy with the phone. As it
>is, I'm seriously considering giving it to the wife and going
>back to my T720i.

The clock screen saver is a baterry saving device. It used less power
to show the few "white" pixels around the clock than it does the whole
unlit screen. - My wife's nokia 3510i does the same.

I just wish the start up picture could be an animated gif raher than a
static!
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 11:55:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

no_spam@ictis.net (Tym) wrote in message news:<4090b462.2841093@169.100.100.5>...
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:10:05 +0100, Bryan Anderson
> <usenet@anderson-it.com> wrote:
>
> >
> >If they fixed that (got to be a simple firmware fix) and also
> >gave me the option of NOT having the main screen go to the
> >clock/blackout then I'd be 100% happy with the phone. As it
> >is, I'm seriously considering giving it to the wife and going
> >back to my T720i.
>
> The clock screen saver is a baterry saving device. It used less power
> to show the few "white" pixels around the clock than it does the whole
> unlit screen. - My wife's nokia 3510i does the same.
>
> I just wish the start up picture could be an animated gif raher than a
> static!

I get them (standard item from Orange by the look of it)

DPat
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 1:11:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

On Wednesday, Jason Cothran wrote:

> What would be the difference? Un backlit, it would still appear
> to be a black screen. Thats all it is now, is an unback-lit clock.
> press any button (except the two +/- buttons on the side) and you
> are back to the full display.

Okay - so there's two levels of backlight....the dim one that looks
like it's not backlit and the full light. I'd be happy to have the
dim one on all the time and lose half my battery life.

The thing about pressing any button to get back to the full display
isn't much good if you have the keylock on. Here's my case: the key
lock is on auto, and the screen goes to the clock after twenty secs,
then fades to black almost immediately. I know it's not black, but
it's so dark as to not be able to see the clock.

Now I want to see if I have a missed call or text....there's nothing
to show me that [1]. So I press a key.....yes the screen comes back
to life, but only to give me a message telling me how to unlock the
screen....I know this! Granted, you do get to see the line of icons
at the top of the screen but it's just another little niggle that I
don't like. I would just have thought that as phones these days are
mini-computers, then more and more could be user-configurable and I
ought to be able to turn off the clock, turn off the auto-blackout,
turn off the key-lock reminder, etc.

I think I am in a minority - almost everyone I know still has Nokia
phones and always have done. As far as I can see they are the least
user-configurable phones out there so people are happy to accept that
whatever the manufacturer decided, is the way to use a phone. Having
come from the T720i which, although it had other faults, was far,
far more configurable and so (for me) more useable, the T610 was/is
a dissapointment.

[1] what a missed opportunity. How about the red led in the joystick
flashing if there's anything that needs attention....missed calls or
texts, etc.

--
Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com&gt;
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 1:11:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Bryan Anderson" <usenet@anderson-it.com> wrote in message
news:kbd190p4bn7n06clv4n65tq9dp70cu8iqt@4ax.com...
> On Wednesday, Jason Cothran wrote:
>
>> What would be the difference? Un backlit, it would still appear
>> to be a black screen. Thats all it is now, is an unback-lit clock.
>> press any button (except the two +/- buttons on the side) and you
>> are back to the full display.
>
> Okay - so there's two levels of backlight....the dim one that looks
> like it's not backlit and the full light. I'd be happy to have the
> dim one on all the time and lose half my battery life

I wouldn't mind the option of enabling that also, but it would consume far
more than twice the battery power to generate.

>
> The thing about pressing any button to get back to the full display
> isn't much good if you have the keylock on. Here's my case: the key
> lock is on auto, and the screen goes to the clock after twenty secs,
> then fades to black almost immediately. I know it's not black, but
> it's so dark as to not be able to see the clock.
>
> Now I want to see if I have a missed call or text....there's nothing
> to show me that [1]. So I press a key.....yes the screen comes back
> to life, but only to give me a message telling me how to unlock the
> screen....I know this! Granted, you do get to see the line of icons
> at the top of the screen but it's just another little niggle that I
> don't like. I would just have thought that as phones these days are
> mini-computers, then more and more could be user-configurable and I
> ought to be able to turn off the clock, turn off the auto-blackout,
> turn off the key-lock reminder, etc.

The phone definately has room for improvement on it's ability to be
customized (or lack of <wink>)

>
> I think I am in a minority - almost everyone I know still has Nokia
> phones and always have done. As far as I can see they are the least
> user-configurable phones out there so people are happy to accept that
> whatever the manufacturer decided, is the way to use a phone. Having
> come from the T720i which, although it had other faults, was far,
> far more configurable and so (for me) more useable, the T610 was/is
> a dissapointment.
>
> [1] what a missed opportunity. How about the red led in the joystick
> flashing if there's anything that needs attention....missed calls or
> texts, etc.

I fully agree that they should have the red LED blinking for missed called,
voicemail, incoming message, etc. One would think it would be a simple
firmware change, but apparently it isn't properly wired, or the engineers
are too lazy to do it.
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 7:24:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

On 29 Apr 2004 07:48:52 -0700, dpat@despammed.com (DPat) wrote:

>> I just wish the start up picture could be an animated gif raher than a
>> static!
>
>I get them (standard item from Orange by the look of it)
>

If you set the startup picture to another picture in "my pictures" and
not to standard - it does not animate.... tried it several times here.
Download an animated gif into your phone and try it...
!