Tages driver un install

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
can anyone please tell me how to remove the tages driver from windows 7,it isn,t compatible anyway,Many thanks.

ftwillea

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Hello,
can anyone please tell me how to remove the tages driver from windows 7,it isn,t compatible anyway,Many thanks.

I recently purchased Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter from Ubisoft. Since the game had been released before Windows 7, I had the same incompatibility issues that you seem to be experiencing. I solved this issue by downloading an updated driver for Tages Activation Client here http://www.tagesprotection.com/5.5/TagesSetup.exe. Hope this helps... :??:

Foozie

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
I went thru this mess just now with this damn Tages driver.

IT was installed by Witcher game I had laying on shelf for a couple years, unopened.

In the end I ended up throwing the Witcher DVD and package in the garbage due to issues with the install
I will not bother to relate here as it is offtopic.

On topic. I found this info in another forum:
I think you have to uninstall the tages drivers from your windows 7 operating system. You have to follows the steps which are given below. I hope this will help for the same problem what you are facing on your computer system.

Reboot your windows operating system and push F8 key to enter the safe mode.
Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers and locate atjsgt.sys and linsgt.sys
Delete the two system files and the tages drivers will be removed from the computer system.

In my Windows7 system the files were not in use so no safe mode nonsense was needed. I just navigated
to the directory and deleted the files in question.
The drivers were not in use because Win 7 would not load them anyway.

I refused to go to that Tages criminal outfit to install their 'updated' garbage in order to remove the old garbage.
Lord knows what infestation comes with the install. I don't trust them.
After my dealings with the Witcher mess I will have nothing to do with that gaming company again.

Garbage like this makes Steam more attractive.

GitterDunn

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
The drivers are actually named: atksgt.sys and lirsgt.sys , and they are located where you said they were.

Since I could not find : atjsgt.sys and linsgt.sys, I did a lengthy Google search and found the proper driver names associated. I also got these drivers from trying to install an old Witcher game, and the install process halted due to this.

I did not have to go into safe mode, however, after I deleted them, I ran a cleaner program and then rebooted.

All is fixed now.

Hope this helps.

mouser9169

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011

So you know, the latest patch for the Witcher removes all DRM, so those drivers aren't needed to run the game any more.

adrianjm

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011

Thanks for posting. It solved the problem for me, with the exception of one filename - instead of atjsgt.sys it was atksgt.sys. linsgt.sys was there as well. No more issues!

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.