muc0n

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
I have an 800mhz AMD Athlon from Gateway with 320MB of pc133 SDRAM and lately I have had a horrible problem with low system resources. After being on for only an hour or so my resources go down to as low a 2% sometimes. I am running windows ME and have never had any problems with it or my computer until recently. I have turned off just about everything at startup and I run very few programs at the same time. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea what is wrong with my computer and a way to fix it. Thanks for any help.

Strife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try defragging your hard drive, sometimes that helps.

Maybe its time to reinstall your operating system. When I ran Me I rember having to reinstall ever 4-6 month. Use Norton ghost to image your system just after you do a clean install and you will not have to do it agian.

Better yet upgrade to Windows XP it is very stable. This time Microsoft got it right.

muc0n

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2002
I installed Windows probably about a month ago. Also I got a new hard drive coming this week so hopefully that will fix some of the problems. I might try installing XP on the new hard drive see how it works out. Thanks for the help.