P900 pcsuite

hi all

have tried to install the pc suit for my p900,half way though the install I
get the message "connectivity pack did not install correctly"
have downloaded the newest drivers from sony and still the same problem,
have disabled all virus software etc,
xp pro
lots of ram
and I am stumped

thanks

Gary
7 answers Last reply
More about p900 pcsuite

    "Strider" <email-address@signature.okies> wrote in message
    > "Grrr" <gary.elam(nonospuchingspam)@virgin.net> proclaimed...
    >
    > > hi all
    > >
    > > have tried to install the pc suit for my p900,half way though the
    install I
    > > get the message "connectivity pack did not install correctly"
    > > have downloaded the newest drivers from sony and still the same problem,
    > > have disabled all virus software etc,
    > > xp pro
    > > lots of ram
    > > and I am stumped
    >
    > Try disabling your firewall, if that fails try uninstalling it. No
    > guarantees it'll work though.
    have a router,unplugged it still no joy

    Hmmm...
    Wild guess, just trying to help: XP SP1 installed?

    "Nuke" <Nuke_remove@Soon.com> wrote in message
    > Hmmm...
    > Wild guess, just trying to help: XP SP1 installed?

    yep,puter is bang up to date,annoying really, worked fine before I upgraded
    every thing

    How 'bout booting in safemode and manually deleting all the mrouter files,
    and then reinstall?
    Again - this is a weird one, just trying to help.
    Good luck ;-)

    > How 'bout booting in safemode and manually deleting all the mrouter files,
    > and then reinstall?
    > Again - this is a weird one, just trying to help.
    > Good luck ;-)

    cheers,tried that ,still no luck,stick it back onto my laptop i think

    On Sun, 02 May 2004 12:48:52 +0100, Grrr wrote:

    > "Strider" <email-address@signature.okies> wrote in message
    >> "Grrr" <gary.elam(nonospuchingspam)@virgin.net> proclaimed...
    >>
    >> > hi all
    >> >
    >> > have tried to install the pc suit for my p900,half way though the
    > install I
    >> > get the message "connectivity pack did not install correctly"
    >> > have downloaded the newest drivers from sony and still the same problem,
    >> > have disabled all virus software etc,
    >> > xp pro
    >> > lots of ram
    >> > and I am stumped
    >>
    >> Try disabling your firewall, if that fails try uninstalling it. No
    >> guarantees it'll work though.
    > have a router,unplugged it still no joy

    McAfee Virus Scan by any chance?
    Uninstall that and try again. P900 connectivity does not work with McAfee
    Home 7. (so I discovered!)

    ....Lyall

    "Lyall Pearce" <Lyall_bogus@The-Bogus-Pearces.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 02 May 2004 12:48:52 +0100, Grrr wrote:
    >

    > > "Strider" <email-address@signature.okies> wrote in message
    > >> "Grrr" <gary.elam(nonospuchingspam)@virgin.net> proclaimed...

    > > install I
    > >>
    > >> Try disabling your firewall, if that fails try uninstalling it. No
    > >> guarantees it'll work though.
    > > have a router,unplugged it still no joy
    >
    > McAfee Virus Scan by any chance?
    > Uninstall that and try again. P900 connectivity does not work with McAfee
    > Home 7. (so I discovered!)
    >
    > ...Lyall

    no,norton.

Ericsson