Weird problem using OCZ RAM and ASUS A7V333

G

UPDATE down below:

Didn't know if this belonged in Memory or Mainboard, but here goes...

I've got 3 DIMMs of 256MB OCZ 2700/333 "Ultimate" Rev3 RAM. I also have an ASUS A7V333 Mobo with 3 DIMM slots. Problem I'm having is I can only use 2 DIMMs at one time, and only if I place them in slot 1 and 3, or 2 and 3, but NOT if Place them in 1 and 2. It also fails if I place all 3 DIMMs in. I'm using this GoldMemory tester which creates a DOS boot disk to do its thing which has helped me figure out that ALL of the DIMMs check out fine UNLESS I place them in slot 1 and 2.

Any ideas as to what's going on here? Bad mobo? Should I send it back in and get a new one?

Any help appreciated here immensely!

Chris

UPDATE
------
Called ASUS, they're saying that the only way I can get 3 2700 DIMMs to work is by setting them to 2100. They're sending me a beta BIOS update that "might" fix this issue, we'll see I guess.

Latest Update
-------------
Still no-go. Oh and I can only get the two sticks to work if I set it to CAS 2.5 2-2-2 1T timing, set it to CAS 2.0 and it my PC locks up after about 2 or 3 hours of use...gotta love being near the leading edge!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bighack on 04/27/02 00:20 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
interesting. :)

bring back the result.

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...<font color=red>