The demerits of using WAP via PC

skc_bbp

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
hello everyone..

i have a question regarding the use of WAP connection via home PC.
i am using a PC in WAP network .. set up by one of my neighbor.. my neighbor has used a router as a WAP device and also set up a password.. and i have been connected to that network by a wireless network adaptor.( we have shared the password of the network)

and now my quest is ... is it possible for the network admin ( my neighbor in this case ) to get known about what content i am browsing.. this is the question that gets in my mind everytime i use the network.. and i have been using windows 7 professional and i had turned off the windows firewall as well..

:(

skc_bbp

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012

if it is possible .. can u just give me a clue about how can he does so.. and i havent idea about using proxy server...
please dont mind in explaining more..
thanks a lot sir!

sk1939

Distinguished
There's several applications that let you intercept traffic, Cain and Abel for one, not to mention a variety of other tools available on the internet. You could also run something called a packet sniffer that lets you view traffic passing by on the network.

As far a proxy server goes, hidemyass.com is an example, although there are better solutions.