Running two wifi connection

oleo232

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
My apologies if this is computer 101 but I really couldn't find specific information regarding this issue. I need to connect a home build PC to two wireless peripherals; for now that's only a printer & internet.
Is there a single wireless pci card that can do this? are the number of antenna on a single card an indicator of the number of "connections" available or just the signal strength? Do I need two cards to operate two independent sources?

thanks in advance
Bryan

RealBeast

Titan
I assume that you have a wireless router since you say you will connect to the Internet. The answer is that you can use a single wireless adapter (or even just a wired connection to the wireless router) and the network can include the wireless printer. All devices on the same network can be available to the computers on that same network.

Seems like the best wireless adapters lately are the usb ones. Get one from somewhere like Newegg that has good ratings and an external antenna -- they are quite inexpensive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100010074%20600014288&IsNodeId=1&name=USB%202.0