Sign in with
Your question

BSOD Problems ntoskrnl.exe+70540

Last response: in Windows 7
March 30, 2012 11:24:51 PM

Hi guys I'm having issues with my computer :pfff: 

It's a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit..

Anyways it's been giving me problems the past week... The crashes are random and rarely happens...

I would be playing a game called Mount and Blade Warband, it would run fine for an hour depends.. then all of a sudden my screen shuts black and there's white zig zages as it goes black and goes to a BSOD.

The BSOD I saw ranges from Bad_Pool_Header, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and another Bad_pool_header,

Also I checked the culprit with BlueScreenView and all of it point to ntoskrnl.exe as the culprit, ntoskrnl.exe+70540 to be exact... I'm not sure what to do, my computer was running fine perhaps it's a driver problem?

Anyways I'm gonna attach some of the Minidumps here so people can have a look at it, hmm it appears this forum does not have an attach to it.

Spec:

Window 7 Ultimate 64
8 GM ram vengeance
2700k Cpu
i72600k
Asus P8P67 Deluxe Rev 3.0
a b $ Windows 7
March 31, 2012 1:03:40 AM

Hi :) 

Is it a GENUINE copy of Ultimate ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
March 31, 2012 1:28:23 AM

Do you know if you have the latest patch/update for your game?
m
l
March 31, 2012 1:35:35 AM

That error means that the kernel detected corruption in some of it's internal pool tracking structures. This is almost always caused by a kernel-mode driver overflowing its allocated buffer (allocating space for 4 bytes and writing 8 bytes for example). Just because the address points into the kernel doesn't mean that it's responsible. The most likely case is that a driver corrupts the pool header before returning, therefore the corruption doesn't get detected until the next attempt to allocate or free memory (which happens to be by the kernel in this case). Make sure all of your drivers are up to date, especially for your GPU.
m
l
!