Receiver Opinions

Last response: in Home Audio
December 17, 2004 10:58:23 AM

I am looking at the Denon AVR-2805 or 3805 as well as the Rotel RSX-1067.

I like the calibration microphone that comes with the 2805; it's extra on
the more expensive 3805. The 3805 also has a strange remote. I am using a
Universal MX-500 to control everything, so that may be a secondary concern.

The Rotel is more than 2x the cost with specifications that seem to exactly
match the Denon 2805. Is there a rationale for spending the extra money for
the Rotel?

Thanks for your help.

- Russ in SB

More about : receiver opinions

Anonymous
December 18, 2004 8:02:00 AM

The Denon's are nice, but I Googled the Rotel and it just looks bigger and
more capable than the 2805, maybe still more inputs etc than the 3805. I
have little experience with current Rotel stuff, but it's well-regarded.
Denon has always made good surround receivers, and if you hunt around you
can get a good price on one.

Mark Z.

"rll" <rlombard@westmont.edu> wrote in message
>I am looking at the Denon AVR-2805 or 3805 as well as the Rotel RSX-1067.
>
> I like the calibration microphone that comes with the 2805; it's extra on
> the more expensive 3805. The 3805 also has a strange remote. I am using
> a Universal MX-500 to control everything, so that may be a secondary
> concern.
>
> The Rotel is more than 2x the cost with specifications that seem to
> exactly match the Denon 2805. Is there a rationale for spending the extra
> money for the Rotel?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> - Russ in SB

Anonymous
December 18, 2004 8:08:55 AM

Disregard comment on the Rotel, the pic I was looking at was wrong.
Apologies.

mz

!