New Tivo OS?

Last response: in Home Theatre Legacy
June 5, 2005 3:01:36 AM

I have read and heard much about a new Tivo version/OS. I still have the
same I've had for years. I have a Phillips DSR6000 w/Tivo
3.1.0c2-01-1-001. Is this not eligible for upgrade?

More about : tivo

June 5, 2005 3:29:17 AM

jlab13 <spam@spam.com> wrote in news:kpqoe.255$2H2.34@trndny08:

> I have read and heard much about a new Tivo version/OS. I still have the
> same I've had for years. I have a Phillips DSR6000 w/Tivo
> 3.1.0c2-01-1-001. Is this not eligible for upgrade?

Nope.

June 5, 2005 3:33:50 AM

On 2005-06-04, jlab13 <spam@spam.com> wrote:
> I have read and heard much about a new Tivo version/OS. I still have the
> same I've had for years. I have a Phillips DSR6000 w/Tivo
> 3.1.0c2-01-1-001. Is this not eligible for upgrade?

Correct, it is not eligible for upgrade.

--
This is my .sig
Anonymous

"Mike Hunt" <in2sheep@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:11a4eiu67rbkv38@corp.supernews.com...
> On 2005-06-04, jlab13 <spam@spam.com> wrote:
> > I have read and heard much about a new Tivo version/OS. I still have the
> > same I've had for years. I have a Phillips DSR6000 w/Tivo
> > 3.1.0c2-01-1-001. Is this not eligible for upgrade?
>
> Correct, it is not eligible for upgrade.

There is no pending upgrade, but don't rule out one in the future.
If a problem develops that can be fixed in software an upgrade
may fix the problem. Version 3.1.0 was to have been the last
upgrade released for the Philips DSR6000.

Look here: http://www.directv.com/see/landing/dvr_upgrade.html
and see
Are all DIRECTV DVRs receiving this upgrade?
No. DIRECTV DVR models SONY SAT-T60, PHILIPS DSR6000R, HUGHES GXCEBOT
and HR10-250 will not receive the 6.2 software upgrade at this time.
!