Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 internet connections

Last response: in Windows 7
February 4, 2010 3:18:32 AM

This may seem like a stupid question or a simple one, but I still need an answer please. I cannot find an icon for my interned connection on my new win 7 computer, like I have in the lower right hand corner of my XP computer. On the XP I have an icon that looks like a tiny computer and when I right click it I get the option to either enable or disable my internet connection. Is this option available with Windows 7, because if it is, I can't seem to find it?
a b $ Windows 7
February 4, 2010 3:32:40 AM

Check to see if you have "Hide inactive icons" enabled in your taskbar properties. Might seem like a really stupid thing... but it is always a possibility. Just right click on an empty space on your taskbar and select properties.

It is possible that the icon has just slid into the inactive list. The inactive list is not really acurate... in order to stay on the active list, Windows actually expects that you normally click on the icon... otherwise it doesn't think you are using it.
a b $ Windows 7
February 4, 2010 3:33:59 AM

Rt click on Task Bar > Properties > Notification Area Tab > Check Network System Icon Box > Apply > OK.
a b $ Windows 7
February 4, 2010 3:37:32 AM

Go to Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection

Then tick on Show connection status icon on taskbar

Then press OK
!