Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Download
  • Connection
  • iPhone
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 3, 2012 7:03:42 PM

I am in Afghanistan and I have an iPhone I want to download PDFs to. My problem is I cannot connect my iphone to the internet and its an older model so I cannot use the PDF viewer and add PDFs to it through itunes.. I have a wireless router and my question is can I set up a webpage on a home server ( I have windows 7 Ultimate ) add PDFs to the page and connect my iphone to the page and download PDFs to it? I know it may seem crazy but I am wondering if I can do this. If possible, please give me detailed info or links to somewhere it could tell me for I am computer savvy, not networking and creating webpages savvy. Thanks A Lot

More about : question

Best solution

April 3, 2012 9:14:53 PM

I would use a computer to download the PDFs to instead of setting up a whole 'web server'. Then from that computer access your iPhone through a web browser. There are apps for your iPhone to create a temporary server. Personally I use FilesPro, but there are also ones like Documents and Downlite that you can use to create the iPhone 'server' on port 8080, then your computer will connect to the iPhone that way and files can be up/downloaded to the iPhone that way...
April 4, 2012 3:06:55 PM

scottiemedic said:
I would use a computer to download the PDFs to instead of setting up a whole 'web server'. Then from that computer access your iPhone through a web browser. There are apps for your iPhone to create a temporary server. Personally I use FilesPro, but there are also ones like Documents and Downlite that you can use to create the iPhone 'server' on port 8080, then your computer will connect to the iPhone that way and files can be up/downloaded to the iPhone that way...

Worked like a charm, thanks a lot!!
m
l
April 4, 2012 3:07:31 PM

Best answer selected by eddale01.
m
l
!