How to format 60g in win98se?

When I used win98se startup disk to fdisk and format the 60g new drive in one partition, after formatted, it only showed 25g, the type is fat32, is this the reason? can I use NTFS in win98se startup disk and how? Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about format win98se
  1. Windows 98 doesn't support NTFS.

Where are you seeing 25GB? That's weird because there is no limitation of 25GB. BIOS systems don't have the limitation unless you miss configured the BIOS.

<font color=red>People and hard drives are like bandwagon fans and sports!</font color=red>
  2. Maybe there were existing partitions on the drive and the WIN98se format util formatted one of them.

"What's all this then???"
  3. I saw it in fdisk "show partition" and after installed win98se drive total capacity. If 98se can't suport NTFS, then how to format it in 60g? The bios detected it as 60g, no problem in bios.
  4. Check fdisk. That will give you the partition information. If it doesn't show full capacity re-partition and reinstall.

<font color=red>People and hard drives are like bandwagon fans and sports!</font color=red>
  5. Select view partition in fdisk (option 4 I think) and check for multiple partitions....

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!
  6. I only see one partition and only showed 25g. You mean you guys can see all full dr using 98se startup disk after format?

Is the startup disk I created had a limit of what the old drive that I used before, so when I use it for a new drive, it only recognize like the old drive capacity? Is it possible?
  7. I'd just delete the one you see and make a new one.

<font color=red>:</font color=red> <font color=white>:</font color=white> <font color=blue>:</font color=blue>
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Partition Format Storage