Page Fault Error: blue screen of death

ASUS K7M Athlon 500
256 SDRAM
13G HardDrive
SB Live 5.1
GeForce2 32MB
Win XP

What happened:
was happily in an IRC chat channel ( using the newest version on mIRC ) and my pc went down. Screen went black and then rebooted itself. Where upon I recieved the message- Stop 0x00000050 (Page Fault Error)

What I tried:
To restart- in Safe mode... got the Blue Screen again.
I can't even get into the operating system to try and disable possible software issues.
The next morning (Today) when I try to turn on the computer, I got a new Error Code... Stop: 0x0000007E; pci.sys - Address F9A3A318 base at F9A3100, Datestamp 3b7d855c.
I get this 'new' error code now when I try to reboot in either normal or safemode.

Please. If you have any thoughts on what the hell is going on, I would appreciate it.
3 answers Last reply
More about page fault error blue screen death
  1. I'll assume your graphics card is in the AGP, do you have something other than your sound card in a PCI slot? I'd try taking out whatever you have in the pci slots and starting up to begin with, your pc is a little on the older side for XP.

2. Yes, my video card is in AGP slot. I tried taking out the sound card and rebooting; still got an error. So then I tried reformatting and reinstalling xp w/out the sound card, but I am still getting error messages.

I am confused. I was running xp on my system just fine for over 2 weeks with multiple reboots. A day or two ago I added the sound card and a printer (epson 785ex). I tried removing both of those, but I am still getting the errors.
    Help! Any pointers on what I did wrong or how to get rid of the page fault errors would be appreciated!
    Thanks
  3. Try swapping your SDRAM - My understanding is Paging Faults are usually indicate a problem with accessing memory locations.
    Goodluck!!
Ask a new question

Read More

Blue Screen Windows XP