Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How to tell if a PSU is not strong enough?

Last response: in Windows 8
February 9, 2013 7:24:07 AM

hello guys i just picked up a hp pavilon slimline s7700n ,it needed a hard drive ,so i replaced it & then i intalled windows 8 & everything was working fine ,it all installed & activated ,ithen shut down the unit.Nowwhen i try to powe the unit on the fan runs slowly & the lights are on but othing on the screen ,just says no signal. Could it be the psu?,please help!!!! Thanks

More about : psu strong

February 9, 2013 7:30:53 AM

chm said:
hello guys i just picked up a hp pavilon slimline s7700n ,it needed a hard drive ,so i replaced it & then i intalled windows 8 & everything was working fine ,it all installed & activated ,ithen shut down the unit.Nowwhen i try to powe the unit on the fan runs slowly & the lights are on but othing on the screen ,just says no signal. Could it be the psu?,please help!!!! Thanks

forgot to add what size psu ,it is the factory 108w psu,sorry
Score
February 9, 2013 7:37:08 AM

It might be the PSU, but whenever I have this issue, I simply unplug the power connectors, reconnect them, and it works again. I occasionally had this issue with an eMachines system and this would fix it every time. Give it a try; maybe it'll help.
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b * Windows 8
February 9, 2013 8:51:35 AM
a b α HP
a b * Windows 8
February 14, 2013 11:02:42 PM

Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
Score
a b α HP
a b * Windows 8