Something Wrong With My Router? Or My Internet Port?

JacobKingx

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
I couldn't really figure a good title for this, Since I don't really have a good explanation for what's going on, so I'll give as much information as I can. I'm not sure, if this is the right section. If I'm mistaken, just please post. And I'll try and move it. Thanks, and I hope I can get some answers toward this problem.
So, Lately. I've been disconnecting from a TeamSpeak 3 Server, People Constantly disconnecting from my Minecraft Server, and My Starcraft Bot's disconnecting. Some, of you might know / or not know what These are. But, I'm sure some of you will have a clue.

• TeamSpeak 3 Error
Code:
<14:43:00> Connection to server lost
<14:43:01> Trying to connect to server on [Blocked IP]
<14:43:02> Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded.
<14:43:41> Trying to connect to server on [Blocked IP]
This isn't often, but I sometimes disconnect, or my friends just tell me I have major lag. No clue what's wrong with this.
• BNET Bot Errors.
Code:
[12:26:30 PM] [BNCS] 10053 -- Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure
[12:26:30 PM] [BNCS] Disconnected.
[12:26:30 PM] [BNCS] The Battle.net server has terminated your connection.
[12:26:30 PM] [BNCS] Attempting to reconnect in 1 second...
This is constant with my bots, which I have to have them open at all times to keep my clan running.
• Minecraft Server Errors

Now, My friends randomly disconnect with some java.network errors, but I don't disconnect, I'm running the server off of my computer.
So, I'm guessing that's why I don't disconnect.

Okay, now I'm not sure, I'm just giving you as much information as possible, toward this problem.

Now, I've switched two cables, one that connected to my xbox, for Xbox Live. I switched the one from my computer to the xbox one, and the xbox one to mine, I still disconnect. So, I'm either taking a guess the cords are both broken, or the Internet Port is broke, I only have one in the back of my computer. Any solutions on what the problem may be? I've tried googling the problem, but got no answers toward this problem. Hopefully, this is in the right section, and My internet also crashed, but the internet on my sisters laptop didn't, so I need a conclusion on what's causing this problem, any help is appreciated.

Other Information:
• Windows 7
• Linksys Router

Well, Basically. I'll re-do everything I said, I've been staying connected on the Minecraft Server, but they disconnect, on the ts I disconnect sometimes, on my bnet bots it's frequently, now I don't know if it's my router, my Internet Port, should I go wireless? I need some answers. Because, It's really starting to bug me.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Troubleshooting a network you have to take into account security and attacks from outside. "<14:43:02> Maximum number of connections with the same identity exceeded." - This may suggest an attacker. I would say tighten security running this server, never enable DMZ, you can always port forward.

tha_vice

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
Check for malware

www.malwarebytes.org

Turn off DMZ, tightenup your security Keep NAT on, and all of the other security features your router has, and portfoward the ports needed for your stuff. there's plenty of helpful..and non-helpfull guides out there ( non-helpfull being the ones that tell you to disable nat and use DMZ).

I'd also try performing a hard-reset on your modem and router as well.

hard-reset = Holding reset button in for 15-30 secs..lights blink...let go...pull plug ..wait 2 min. turn on.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
No hard resets, hard resets disable any custom security configurations you already set on, as well as set your entire network to default, possibly disabling network access depending on your setup, noobs use default configs that are hackable. Hard resets are for losing passwords or having known for sure your router is hacked and uncontrollable or for when your network no longer establishes connection with ISP at ANY time.

tha_vice

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

Good point, but I doubt it will affect his gaming enviroment, save for port forwards, and he's already having issues.

Better to start fresh, than guess if you should have later on. ( in Home enviroments anyay), if this were a business network then i'd say something different.