T616 on ATT - how can I make AIM leave me alone?

Long ago, before I ever got a T616, and before ATT activated AIM for my SIM
card, I signed up for mobile AIM stuff. It never worked for some reason,
but now that ATT updated what my SIM card can do... well, it works, but I
can't make it STOP. I've sent numerous "off" text messages to 4647 (the
"sign off AIM" address), but I still get messages, and I'm still visible to
my friends as being online (albeit on a mobile). Nothing on AIM's site
helps (it says if I'm inactive for 26 hours, I'll be signed off - but then,
it says if I sign off, I'll be signed off, too, and that's obviously false!)

I've seen some reports of other people having similar problems with other
carriers and other phones, so I'm guessing this is AOL being stupid...

--
Dan Birchall, Hilo HI - http://dan.birchalls.net/ - images, words, technology
1 answer Last reply

    "Dan Birchall" <nobody@imaginary-host.birchalls.net> wrote in message
    > Long ago, before I ever got a T616, and before ATT activated AIM for my
    SIM
    > card, I signed up for mobile AIM stuff. It never worked for some reason,
    > but now that ATT updated what my SIM card can do... well, it works, but I
    > can't make it STOP. I've sent numerous "off" text messages to 4647 (the
    > "sign off AIM" address), but I still get messages, and I'm still visible
    > my friends as being online (albeit on a mobile). Nothing on AIM's site
    > helps (it says if I'm inactive for 26 hours, I'll be signed off - but
    then,
    > it says if I sign off, I'll be signed off, too, and that's obviously
    false!)

    > I've seen some reports of other people having similar problems with other
    > carriers and other phones, so I'm guessing this is AOL being stupid...

    It happens with T-Mobile too. People usually suggest signing on from your
    computer to kill it, but some people say this doesn't work for them.

    I don't use AIM, but I would try going into the connectivity menu, selecting
    wap, and deleting the cache and the cookies.

    ---
    Update your PC at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

Ericsson Mobile At&T