More about alfa awus036h windows driver
  1. the windows 7 driver works use that
  2. ksthangal said:
    i want driver alfa windows 8
  3. ksthangal said:
  4. mcnumpty23 said:
    the windows 7 driver works use that

the windows 7 driver causes my computer with 8.1 to crash to the blue screen saying bugcode_ndis_driver over and over (need a fix)
  5. mcnumpty23 said:
    the windows 7 driver works use that

It's not my solution - the W7 driver doesn't work (I used the provided disk and selected W7) in mh Toshiba Satellite with 8.1

There doesn't appear to be a driver update on their site, either: http://www.alfa.com.tw/download_show.php?combo_0=&combo_1=&combo_2=&keyword=AWUS036H&verify=8DPJBJ&x=30&y=10&PageID=1
  6. bought this adapter from amazon for my windows 8.1 laptop to connect to a public hotspot available at a bar across the street from my place. the cd that comes with it wouldn't let me install the wifi utility, but the windows wifi utility recognized it (after downloading window 7 drivers manually). however... the connection speeds we unreliable and inconsistent. i couldnt stream youtube vids or load pages reliably.

i've been searching for drivers (for win 8.1 (64bit) for it for the last 2 days, without luck.

i was about to admit defeat and accept that this adapter wouldn't work "correctly" for win 8.1, but as a last ditch attempt, i searched for drivers for "realtek rt8187 wireless 802.11 b/g" instead of "alfa wireless" drivers.

found this:

http://download.cnet.com/Realtek-RTL8187B-Wireless-802-...

downloaded and installed... FIXED the problems i was having.

i was about ready to return this wireless adapter to amazon. now. I LOVE IT!

hope it works for you too.

----------
    UPDATE:

i thought things were resolved, but after windows updated last night... the problems began again.

connection/internet speeds were going for normal to NOTHING, just like they were before.

after more searching for an answer, i read on another forum that someone went to realtek's site here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5&ProdID=36&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true

...and installed the Beta package for RTL8187L 1316(Beta) 2011/2/23. <---- be sure to check the date AND version "1316"

*make sure you uninstall the previous drivers you've tried before installing ^this one.

everything seems to be working great again!

once again, i am doing this on a dell laptop that's running windows 8.1 (64bit).

what a pain in the arse this has been! good luck guys.
  7. ksthangal said:
  8. Thanks a lot Solypsist your linky-thingy worked for me. bigfrank3
  9. solipsist said:
    bought this adapter from amazon for my windows 8.1 laptop to connect to a public hotspot available at a bar across the street from my place. the cd that comes with it wouldn't let me install the wifi utility, but the windows wifi utility recognized it (after downloading window 7 drivers manually). however... the connection speeds we unreliable and inconsistent. i couldnt stream youtube vids or load pages reliably.

i've been searching for drivers (for win 8.1 (64bit) for it for the last 2 days, without luck.

i was about to admit defeat and accept that this adapter wouldn't work "correctly" for win 8.1, but as a last ditch attempt, i searched for drivers for "realtek rt8187 wireless 802.11 b/g" instead of "alfa wireless" drivers.

found this:

http://download.cnet.com/Realtek-RTL8187B-Wireless-802-...

downloaded and installed... FIXED the problems i was having.

i was about ready to return this wireless adapter to amazon. now. I LOVE IT!

hope it works for you too.

----------
    UPDATE:

i thought things were resolved, but after windows updated last night... the problems began again.

connection/internet speeds were going for normal to NOTHING, just like they were before.

after more searching for an answer, i read on another forum that someone went to realtek's site here:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5&ProdID=36&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true

...and installed the Beta package for RTL8187L 1316(Beta) 2011/2/23. <---- be sure to check the date AND version "1316"

*make sure you uninstall the previous drivers you've tried before installing ^this one.

everything seems to be working great again!

once again, i am doing this on a dell laptop that's running windows 8.1 (64bit).

what a pain in the arse this has been! good luck guys.

10. With Alpha Disks if cd does not work always install from the Device Manager go to the device check update drivers point to cd install install windows 7 version of alpha driver. Do it like this This usually works for compatibility issues.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Windows 8