Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm curious on what you guys think about OCZ ram. Is the quality good, will it run at the advertised speeds? or would the extra money be well spent on Corsair or Mushkin

If my response is brief and vague its because the info you provided is too!

FatBurger

Illustrious
It's fine once you get it working, but I've heard from too many people that went through several sticks before they got one that actually worked as advertised.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know if things have changed since the SDRAM days but back then OCZ used hand-picked DRAMs and overclocked them. For example, I have some of their PC150 memory. It has 7ns DRAM chips. This is only spec'd to run 133mhz. For the module to run at its rated 150mhz the chips are actually overclocked. This was how they kept the cost down to that of PC133 memory.

The memory works and works up to 162mhz, CAS2, but by all rights PC150 memory should have had 6.5ns DRAMs which are spec'd to run 153mhz.

That was then. Can't tell you about now.

When I get a DDR mobo (not in the immediate future) I'll try OCZ again.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 04/19/02 02:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>