Sign in with
Your question

Win 7 oem multiple computers

Last response: in Windows 7
April 1, 2012 5:36:11 AM

I am thinking of buying windows 7 ultimate oem and I was wondering if I can put it on one computer and then put it on a different one.
I know someone who has used one cd key and one full instal disk to instal windows on multiple computers using one cd key, and I was wondering if I could do that but with an oem copy. I read that if you replace the motherboard it becomes invalid because it is tied to the MB.
but I just want one straight answer, Can I instal windows using the oem and then put it on a different computer. (ex once on my desktop once on my laptop or a future upgraded desktop)
a b $ Windows 7
April 1, 2012 5:44:10 AM

Hello stealer0517;

OEM doesn't work that way. It's just the one computer. In case of a MB failure you can work with MS to find a way to use your valid license key on the repaired system.

That 'someone' who used his license key on multiple computers? His key won't work once it gets noticed as a pirate key. And not least, it's illegal.

Retail version - it's portable. You can move it from one computer to the next.
But you can't use it on your PC AND on your Laptop at the same time.
April 9, 2012 1:09:53 PM

Hell it worked I don't know if its the fact that is a laptop key or (I think) Toshiba puts it that way
!