t68i and Nextel US network

Last response: in Brands
May 22, 2004 7:34:21 PM

Hi.

I'd like to ask if my Sony Ericsson t68i will be working fine in american
Nextel network ?

Regards,
ABS

More about : t68i nextel network

Anonymous
May 22, 2004 7:34:22 PM

"abs" <abs_usuntoidwojki222@alpha.net.pl> wrote in message
| Hi.
|
| I'd like to ask if my Sony Ericsson t68i will be working fine in american
| Nextel network ?

Nextel is iDen. GSM carriers in the US include Cingular, AT&T and T-Mobile.
It will work in those carrier's 1900MHz areas, but here we use 850 instead
of 900. If you get in an 850 only area, it will not work.
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 8:34:06 PM

Jason Cothran wrote:
> Nextel is iDen.

What a pity. I thought about buying used iDEN phone on ebay and putting
there my sim card but the phones are supposedly locked for Nextel cards only
and it can be difficult to start using it. I'd have to remove the lock
first.

> GSM carriers in the US include Cingular, AT&T and
> T-Mobile. It will work in those carrier's 1900MHz areas,

Thanks, I know. But only in Nextel I'd have SMS service to my country for
free. Normally it's quite expensive in roaming.

> but here we
> use 850 instead of 900. If you get in an 850 only area, it will not
> work.

It's said to be 900 area there where I'm going to.

Thank you for reply,
Pawel.
May 22, 2004 8:34:07 PM

| Jason Cothran wrote:
| > Nextel is iDen.
|
| What a pity. I thought about buying used iDEN phone on ebay and putting
| there my sim card but the phones are supposedly locked for Nextel cards
only
| and it can be difficult to start using it. I'd have to remove the lock
| first.

Your GSM card will not work in an iden phone

| > GSM carriers in the US include Cingular, AT&T and
| > T-Mobile. It will work in those carrier's 1900MHz areas,
|
| Thanks, I know. But only in Nextel I'd have SMS service to my country for
| free. Normally it's quite expensive in roaming.
|
| > but here we
| > use 850 instead of 900. If you get in an 850 only area, it will not
| > work.
|
| It's said to be 900 area there where I'm going to.

If it is in the US, it is not 900.
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 8:40:57 PM

On Sat, 22 May 2004 15:34:21 +0200, "abs"
<abs_usuntoidwojki222@alpha.net.pl> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I'd like to ask if my Sony Ericsson t68i will be working fine in american
>Nextel network ?
>
>Regards,
>ABS

Not a prayer. Nextel in the USA is an iDen network, which is a variant
D-AMPS, not GSM....
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 9:12:40 PM

Jason Cothran wrote:
> Your GSM card will not work in an iden phone

Even after removing simlock ? Nextel's support says: "The used iDEN phone
may work with your current sim card".

> If it is in the US, it is not 900.

Sorry, I mean 1900.

Regards.
Pawel.
Anonymous
May 22, 2004 9:17:11 PM

| Jason Cothran wrote:
| > Your GSM card will not work in an iden phone
|
| Even after removing simlock ? Nextel's support says: "The used iDEN phone
| may work with your current sim card".

It will work with an iDEN sim.

| > If it is in the US, it is not 900.
|
| Sorry, I mean 1900.

If it is 1900, then your T68i will work fine on the GSM system.
!