Asus router media server to xbox 360

unityispower

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
I was thinking of purchasing a WD TV live and a WD 2TB hard drive to watch my blu-ray rips on the TV. I had this setup before and liked it, using the asus router(RT N56U) media server feature. Now however, I no longer have the WD TV live or the hard drive and was wondering if I could just purchase the 2TB drive alone. Would I be able to stream my blu-ray(after converting to 360 compatible format) collection to the 360 using the 2TB drive running on the asus media server?

Irish_Al

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Another option would be to turn a PC into a media server and stream it live to the xbox. I use PS3 Media Server (http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/) it runs on windows, Mac & Linux (have tested it on both windows & Mac) and will stream it. I have this set up feeding 2 xbox 360's. The best part is it will encode on the fly so most formats will play to the xbox.

Best part is it's free :)

unityispower

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

I was pushing blu-ray movies to my WD TV live when I had it on 2.4 wireless with the 2TB drive connected to the asus router.

unityispower

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

I was more or less wanting to know if the xbox could see and play the files.. not whether my connection would be fast enough. Being I am told it only see's harddrives in FAT32, and files no larger then 6GB's.

TRENDING THREADS