Linn LK1 problem

Tags:
Last response: in Home Audio
December 31, 2004 5:14:49 PM

Anyone any ideas on this one: I have an early LK1 that has no output.
Problem started when I had to power down the preamp - when I powered
back up the display flashed randomly, with no output. Two days later
preamp powered up ok and worked normally). Same problem a few days
later (powering up and down due to moving equipment!). Now preamp
seems to power up okay (no flashing LED's) but no output. Any help
appreciated.

Dave

More about : linn lk1 problem

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 1:33:35 AM

My Lk1 has a similar problem. Power-down led to flashing lights when
powered up and no possibility of use. This happened once before and
the microprocessor did reboot. This time problem seems once-and-for
all. Linn don't offer any support for this model and and an
independent engineer advised me this model was unrepairable. So there
are two options (1) second hand replacement (2) another Linn amp eg
Kollektor
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 1:33:39 AM

My Lk1 has a similar problem. Power-down led to flashing lights when
powered up and no possibility of use. This happened once before and
the microprocessor did reboot. This time problem seems once-and-for
all. Linn don't offer any support for this model and and an
independent engineer advised me this model was unrepairable. So there
are two options (1) second hand replacement (2) another Linn amp eg
Kollektor
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 1:33:50 AM

Dave & Adam,

I had the same problem, only it never went away. I had the unit sent
to Linn in Jacksonville, FL and they were able to repair the unit. I
am picking it up today from my dealer, so I don't know what parts were
replaced or what the diagnosis was with the LK1.

Jeff

P.S. Dave I may have responded to your post on another board.
!