Sign in with
Your question

Use VPN Router in UAE

Last response: in Networking
April 27, 2012 10:25:50 PM

Hello,
I'm a complete novice at this kind of tech, so please be gentle! ;) 

I'm moving from UK to UAE soon, and still wish to watch UK TV, such as BBC iPlayer. Apparently, most ex-pats use VPNs to do this, as the Internet is severely restricted and filtered in UAE.

Is there a way to use a VPN router to pretend I'm in UK, and how would I go about it?

Would I have to a subscription to get this to work, or would the router do everything for me? I am a bit confused, as the routers I have seen seem to offer the ability to access my PC in the UK from abroad, using the router at 'home' in the UK, but don't say if I can access the 'UK' Internet with the router abroad.

I'm terribly confused and would really appreciate a simple set of instructions.

Preferably, I'd like to run a Smart TV, PS3, XBox, and PC in UAE, as though I was in UK.

Thanks guys!

More about : vpn router uae

April 30, 2012 4:59:25 PM

Can anybody lend a hand with this? :) 
April 30, 2012 6:20:12 PM

You need two routers to handle this, and a relatively fast internet connection. What's important in this case is the upload speed, you want at least 5Mbps upload minimum, but 15 mbps upload is better. From there you have to do something called a site-to-site VPN with the two routers (instructions for this are all over the internet).
Related resources
October 24, 2012 8:44:41 AM

You need router to do this Job as your Xbox or Apple Tv cant use VPn Tunnel contat me i have good solution jamileh123[at]yahoo.com
!