Need assistance with this...

netIT

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
The CIO has just requested that you install a wireless LAN in the office of the company president. There are approximately 10 employees in this office who primarily use office automation applications with printers and Internet access. The phone system is independent from the data network. What security challenges should you address? Which security designs would you build into this solution?

RealBeast

Titan
This sounds like another test question. :)

Wireless security: use WPA2 with AES, get a wireless router that allows you to disable WPS to prevent Reaver attacks, use MAC addressing to limit the devices that can connect, use a strong passphrase, and change the router login and password to good, difficult (and non-default) ones. No real gain from not broadcasting the SSID IMO since a good network hacker would easily detect the signal anyway.

If it is just for the boss, I'd use a separate subnet for his wireless rather than the office network.

netIT

Honorable
Apr 28, 2012
Lol thanks it is, I have an answer to this just wanted to make sure I was coming up with right answer or at least be in the ballpark ;-)

Appreciate the response ;-)